Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes is an easy casserole to make when company is coming or the weekend is here. Baked in the oven, this easy side dish is chock full of bacon, cheddar, and potatoes.
Made with just four ingredients, this casserole makes a perfect brunch offering or if you add a little chicken, it makes a great dinner entrée! Perfect for a party or a potluck, this easy casserole can be assembled a day ahead and then popped in the oven!
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
Pin it your CASSEROLES BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
The Best Potatoes To Use For Cheesy Ranch Potatoes
It’s important to get the right kind of potatoes for a casserole since they are the star of the casserole show. Russets or Rounds (AKA Irish) potatoes are best for this casserole since they are lower in starch, won’t get gummy and they will stay firm after they are baked.
Look for spuds with healthy skins, no cuts or bruises. Make sure they are firm and are not soft or wet. Store them in a cool, dry place, and definitely not in the refrigerator! Scrub them with a vegetable brush before peeling or cutting.
What to Serve With Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
As a dinner entrée, a simple green salad and a side of steamed veggies hit all the major food groups as well as taste great together.
As a breakfast or brunch, generous sides of biscuits and fresh fruit like strawberries and melons are the perfect match.
My Favorite Additions
No matter when you choose to serve this casserole dish there are so many great things to add. Here is a list of some of my favorites:
- Veggies: green onion, black olives, chopped broccoli, sliced mushrooms
- Meat: cubed ham, ground sausage, ground beef
- Sauces: sour cream, salsa
How To Reheat Leftover Cheesy Potatoes
Anything with potatoes and cheese is super easy to reheat!
- Microwave: Take a scoop of leftovers and microwave on high about 3 minutes. Sprinkle a little shredded cheese on the top before reheating and your casserole will be just like new!
- Oven: If you are using an oven, add a little water to the casserole, cover with foil and reheat in the oven at 350°F. Top with a drizzle of sour cream or salsa!
Yummy Cheesy Casserole Dishes
Cheesy Broccoli Potato Casserole – twist on a traditional casserole
Baked Macaroni & Cheese – with a secret ingredient!
Cracker Barrel Copycat Hashbrown Casserole – just 6 easy ingredients!
Funeral Potatoes – a crowd pleaser for any occasion
Broccoli Bake – delicious comfort dish!
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
- 2 lbs potatoes diced
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup bottled ranch
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients, reserving ¼ cup of shredded cheese.
- Once combined, place into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 70-80 minutes or until tender.
- Uncover and top with remaining cheese. Bake for another 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.