This cheesy and hearty Skillet Pasta With Ground Beef is a dish that’s sure to keep everybody happy!
Pasta and ground beef cooked in broth, seasoning, and tomato, with a cheesy sauce? Yes, please! This recipe is ready in minutes. Pasta skillet dishes go from the stovetop straight to the table. This easy dinner is savory and comforting, perfect for those nights when a quick and satisfying meal is needed.
Best Cheesy Pasta Skillet
- Every home cook needs two or three (or ten!) cheesy pasta recipes! Delicious, filling, and perfect to take to a party or potluck, kids and adults alike love pasta skillets!
- Easy to make cheesy pasta recipes can be cooked on the stovetop and served hot from a Crockpot, or kept warm in a casserole dish in the oven.
- Use this recipe to toss in leftover veggies or add a bag of vegetable medley. Picky eaters won’t even notice! Big families and big appetites call for affordable and filling recipes just like this one!
Ingredients and Variations
GROUND BEEF: Ground beef is healthy, hearty and affordable. Use a combination of ground beef and sausage, sliced smoked sausage, shredded chicken, or turkey. Again, put those leftovers to good use!
PASTA: Choose tubular pasta shapes or shapes that have ridges so the sauce can stick! Penne, rotini, bow tie, medium shells, or egg noodles are sturdy shapes that hold up well.
CHEESE: Velveeta is foolproof to use! It melts easily, has a sharp, rich flavor, and works perfectly with a tomato-based pasta sauce.
SEASONING: Use your favorite Italian seasoning blend, or try this ground beef seasoning blend when you cook the hamburger. Experiment with taco seasoning, or a spicy Cajun blend, anything goes!
How to Make Skillet Pasta with Beef and Cheese
- Brown ground beef and drain the fat.
- Combine all ingredients, except Velveeta and parsley, and cook until the pasta is al dente.
- Add Velveeta cheese and stir until fully melted. Serve hot.
Tips For Success!
- Be sure not to overcook the pasta so that it stays firm and won’t fall apart in the sauce.
- Feel free to use gluten-free pasta or even a whole grain type for extra fiber and nutrition. Adjust the recipe cooking time accordingly.
- Try serving pasta with ground beef with some delicious side dishes to turn it into a full meal. Everything goes with a cheesy pasta skillet! Start with some easy dinner rolls to soak up the sauce. A crispy cucumber radish salad, and some roasted brussels sprouts, or glazed carrots would go nicely, too!
- Make cheesy ground beef pasta skillet up to the day before so the flavors can blend even more.
Just keep this pasta skillet covered in the refrigerator until ready to reheat (the Crockpot is perfect for reheating)! Keep leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop with a little milk or cream to loosen the sauce and serve hot.
Other Delicious Pasta Meals!
- Cheesy Ground Beef Pasta – a favorite
- Italian Sausage Pasta – such zesty flavor
- One Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta – another easy one pot meal!
- Greek Shrimp Pasta Salad – for seafood lovers
- Creamy Sausage Mac and Cheese – a tasty twist on a favorite
Skillet Pasta With Ground Beef
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2-3 cups chicken broth or beef broth
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes 14.5 ounces
- 1 ½ cups pasta sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cups rotini
- 4 oz Velveeta
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet until no pink remains. Drain fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except Velveeta and parsley.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered for 14-16 minutes or until pasta is al dente adding more broth as needed.
- Stir in Velveeta and stir through until smooth and creamy. Garnish with parsley if desired.
- Do not overcook the pasta, or it may become mushy.
- Make this pasta skillet recipe a day before so that the flavors can blend together.
- Refrigerate leftovers covered for up to 4 days.
- Reheat on the stovetop or quickly in the microwave.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Skillet Pasta with Ground Beef recipe!