Creamy One Pot Pasta recipe!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
When it comes to the holidays, it seems everything requires so much of our time that we miss out on good quality time with our friends and family. I don’t know about you, but a lot of times I will just call up a friend last minute and ask them to come over for dinner so we can catch up or just spend some time together despite the craziness of the holiday season.
I love sitting at my table with my favorite people, just enjoying their company and some good food and good wine. Those are the best times aren’t they?! One thing I know is that those impromptu dinner nights almost always end up being some of my most treasured memories. That’s why it’s best to have just a few things on hand for nights like that so you don’t have to worry about mess or stress about what you’re going to make. I have created a no fail, one pot pasta dish that is amazing! Seriously! It’s so good that I ate it 3 meals in a row!
Here’s my favorite one-dish pasta recipe! It’s takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish and you’ll only use one pot to make this! In fact, you might not even need to dirty up a dish! If you are like me and cannot wait to start eating it, grab a fork and dig in! I don’t judge! Now, if you have company over, please remember your manners….and hand them a fork too! 😉
- 1 package of Barilla Pronto Pasta penne
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can of italian diced tomatoes 14 oz, drained
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over high heat, combine pasta with chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and cook for roughly 10 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Once liquid is absorbed into pasta, add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes to let sauce thicken.
- Serve and enjoy!
Be sure to check out more holiday entertaining ideas on Simple Entertaining here. I’d love to hear about your favorite recipes, tips and tricks for impromptu holiday get togethers with family and friends!