We do love cheesy chicken stuffed shells with cream cheese but sometimes a quick one pot pasta just fits the bill!
When it comes to the holidays, it seems everything requires so much of our time that we miss out on good quality time with our friends and family. I don’t know about you, but a lot of times I will just call up a friend last minute and ask them to come over for dinner so we can catch up or just spend some time together despite the craziness of the holiday season.
I love sitting at my table with my favorite people, just enjoying their company and some good food and good wine. Those are the best times aren’t they?! One thing I know is that those impromptu dinner nights almost always end up being some of my most treasured memories. That’s why it’s best to have just a few things on hand for nights like that so you don’t have to worry about mess or stress about what you’re going to make. I have created a no fail, one pot pasta dish that is amazing! Seriously! It’s so good that I ate it 3 meals in a row!
Here’s my favorite one-dish pasta recipe! It’s takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish and you’ll only use one pot to make this! In fact, you might not even need to dirty up a dish!
One Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta
- 12 ounces Penne Pasta
- 14 ounces Italian diced tomatoes with juices
- 3 cups water or chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- In a large skillet cook garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add penne, water, seasonings, and tomatoes to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling turn it down to a simmer and let cook for 10 minutes or until liquid is mostly absorbed and pasta is al dente.
- Stir in heavy cream and simmer for 2 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from heat stir in parmesan cheese.