This is the only recipe you’ll ever need for Ground Beef Seasoning!
There’s something fun about DIY homemade seasoning blends. You know exactly what’s in it and how much. Any of the spices can be adjusted to suit any palate, or dietary requirements, and it’s always available. This seasoning of onion, garlic, salt and pepper, and just a hint of cayenne will bring out the best in any recipe!
Ground Beef Seasoning
PIN IT to your SEASONINGS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Seasoned Ground Beef
- From burgers to spaghetti and meatballs, this is easily the best seasoning for ground beef you’ll ever find. You’ll want to use this blend any time you cook. It’s also delicious on scrambled eggs and even popcorn.
- Inexpensive ingredients that are probably already in the pantry, and a shaker jar, are all it takes to make this multi-use seasoning blend. Double up on the batch because it will get lots of use.
- Seasoned ground beef is perfect to make ahead for future recipes. Try it on a platter of nachos, or to top a crisp salad.
Dried onion and garlic powder are mixed with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Add extras like mustard powder, dried oregano, or cumin for deeper, bolder flavors, if desired.
How to Season Ground Beef
Cook ground beef in a skillet and drain the fat. Stir in water and seasonings and cook until the liquid is absorbed and the beef is evenly coated.
PRO TIP: Always add the seasoning after the fat has been drained off, otherwise much of the seasoning will drain out with the fat.
How To Use Seasoned Ground Beef
This multi purpose seasoning can be used in a variety of ways. It makes the best seasoning for ground beef in this Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe, in a Cheeseburger Salad, or in this Crockpot Meatloaf. It is also delicious sprinkled on Oven Roasted Cauliflower or even added to Bacon Beef Queso Dip. The possibilities are endless!
Keep ground beef seasoning blend in a shaker jar or bottle with a tight-fitting lid. Write the date on the top of the lid with a marker and store in a cool, dry place (pantry) for up to 1 year.
Seasoned ground beef is so versatile. Make a batch or two, let it cool and freeze it in portion sizes for future recipes. Seasoned cooked ground beef will keep up to 2 months in the freezer and seasoned uncooked ground beef will last about 4 months.
Seasoned Ground Beef Ideas!
- Cheesy Ground Beef Pasta – quick 5 minute prep!
- Simple Meatball Recipe – super versatile recipe.
- Creamy Beef Mushroom Stroganoff – easy with seasoned ground beef.
- Beef Enchiladas – ready in just 30 minutes.
Ground Beef Seasoning
- Mix all seasonings together and set aside.
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat and add the beef to it. Cook until beef is browned about 7-8 minutes and drain the fat.
- Return beef to the pan and stir in seasoning and water. Simmer until liquid is absorb and beef is evenly coated with seasoning.
- Keep seasoning mix in a shaker jar or bottle with a tight-fitting lid. Label with the date and store in a cool, dry place (pantry) for up to 1 year.
- Seasoned cooked ground beef will keep up to 2 months in the freezer and seasoned uncooked ground beef will last about 4 months.