Cucumber Radish Salad with a tangy vinaigrette is the salad of the summer!
This fresh and delicious salad is bright, colorful, and so easy to make. The radish adds a dash of red and spicy crunch, mellowed with the addition of mild-flavored cucumber. Make this versatile radish salad recipe for any occasion or at any time of year, especially in the summer! It’s the perfect accompaniment to a variety of grilled entrees.
Cucumber Radish Salad
PIN IT to your SALADS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best Summer Salad!
- This radish salad recipe is picnic, potluck, and bbq ready in minutes.
- Cucumbers, radishes, and green onions are lightly tossed in a tangy and refreshing vinaigrette.
- Make-ahead up to a day, chill, and the flavors will just intensify.
- Affordable and healthy, cucumber radish salad is a crowd-pleasing fave with grown-ups and kids alike.
Ingredients and Variations
CUCUMBERS: English cucumbers are quite dense so they will hold up better than regular cucumbers. But if English cucumbers aren’t handy, simply cut regular cucumbers into thicker slices. No need to peel.
RADISHES: Choose bright red bunches with skin that are intact and without blemishes. Purple, pink, white, and light green radishes (or a combo of all) will add more visual appeal to this recipe.
GREEN ONIONS: Sliced green onions are added for a bit of color and visual texture, but can be switched out for thinly sliced red onions if desired.
VINAIGRETTE: Oil and vinegar are an instant salad dressing go-to. Avoid using balsamic vinegar for this recipe, but red wine or rice wine vinegar will work if white vinegar isn’t available. For a sugar-free dressing, use granulated Swerve or liquid Stevia to taste. A tablespoon or two of sour cream added to the vinaigrette will make it creamy and delicious!
SEASONINGS: Fresh dill has a mild flavor that accents the other ingredients. Other light fresh herbs to use are thyme, oregano, and even finely diced mint.
ADD-INS: Make it an entree salad with cooked chunks of red German potatoes. Diced dill pickles, sliced pepperoncini, and sliced black olives add color and flavor, too!
Cucumber Salad Made with Radishes
Toss this easy radish salad recipe into the summer salad repertoire!
- Slice the cucumbers and radishes.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss to combine (as per the recipe below).
- Refrigerate salad at least an hour before serving.
Serving Suggestions for Cucumber Salad
This salad is versatile served as a side salad or as a topping over grilled fish or chicken. It would also pair well with some air fryer burgers, baked lemon chicken thighs, chicken cordon bleu casserole, easy pork bites, or sweet and spicy crock pot ribs.
Recipe Tips and Time Savers!
If making cucumber radish salad for a crowd, slice the cucumbers and radishes ahead of time and keep them in ice water in the refrigerator. Drain and pat dry when ready to use.
The dressing can be made in advance as well, keep it in a cruet or mason jar in the refrigerator.
PRO TIP: This dressing also makes a great marinade for meats and fish!
Other Fresh Summer Salad Recipes To Try!
- Easy Mandarin Chicken Salad Recipe – a fresh entree style salad.
- Easy Shrimp Salad – creamy and delicious.
- Quick & Easy Grape Salad – a unique dessert salad.
- Best Broccoli Salad – ready in 15 minutes!
- Easy Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad– a hearty and tasty salad.
Cucumber Radish Salad
- 1 english cucumber
- 1 large bunch radishes
- 2 medium green onions sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- fresh pepper to taste
- Slice the cucumber and radishes into ⅛-inch slices.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to combine and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Toss before serving.
- Slice the cucumbers and radishes ahead of time! Keep them in ice water in the refrigerator, then drain and pat dry when ready to use.
- Make the dressing in advance and refrigerate in a cruet or mason jar.
- Use the dressing as a meat and fish marinade.
- Store salad in a covered container in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Cucumber Radish Salad Recipe!