Cheesy Ground Beef Pasta is easy to make and always a hit with the family!
Busy days and chilly nights call for hot and hearty main dishes like this deliciously cheesy pasta dish. Simple ingredients like ground beef, pasta, diced tomatoes, pasta sauce, chicken broth and Velveeta cheese make this easy one pot meal a real time saver!
Double up on this recipe for tasty leftovers all week, or take it to a party or potluck!
Cheesy Beef Pasta
- Kids absolutely love this recipe! Have the gang over for movie night and serve cheesy beef pasta with some grilled cheese roll-ups for dipping or some fun bacon cream cheese biscuits. Don’t forget the monster magic cookie bars for dessert!
- Prepare on the stovetop or as a casserole in the oven! Either way, this cheesy pasta comes out rich and creamy every time!
- No need to pre-cook the pasta, either. It cooks as it simmers in the tomato cheese sauce.
- Don’t forget to add a crunchy tomato salad along with some of the best cheesy bread ever to round out the meal.
Beef Pasta Ingredients
GROUND BEEF – Ground beef makes this a hearty dish, but a combination of ground beef and pork sausage or turkey adds extra flavor. Sprinkle bacon bits on top as a garnish. Use seasoned ground beef to make this recipe even quicker.
SAUCE – This quick and easy sauce has so many variations. The chicken broth, diced tomatoes and pasta sauce provide enough liquid to cook the pasta, and for a super creamy sauce, stir in some heavy cream. Make it a bit more spicy with a few tablespoons of chili sauce or a couple dashes of Tabasco!
PASTA – This is the fun part! Use any kind of pasta that’s available. Elbow macaroni, shells, penne, even bowtie pasta gives the dish a new look every time.
ADD-INS – Sliced mushrooms, healthy fresh vegetables, sliced black olives, even a bag of frozen mixed veggies, add more flavor and texture to the dish. It’s a great recipe for using up leftovers, too.
How to Make Pasta with Ground Beef
This one pot meal is perfect to make on busy weeknights, and it’s ready in minutes:
- Cook ground beef, drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients (as per the recipe below) to a large pot.
- Boil, then simmer until the pasta is al dente. Serve immediately.
As a Casserole
- Cook ground beef, drain.
- Place the beef and remaining ingredients (found in the recipe below) in a casserole dish.
- Bake until the pasta is al dente. Serve immediately.
Cheesy Ground Beef Pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2-3 cups chicken broth or beef broth
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes 14.5 ounces
- 1 ½ cups pasta sauce
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 3 cups medium pasta shells or rotini
- 4 ounces Velveeta
- Brown ground beef until fully cooked. Drain fat.
- Combine all ingredients, except Velveeta, in a 12 inch skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 14-16 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Add Velveeta and stir through until fully melted.
- Refrigerate leftovers for 3-4 days in covered containers. Or freeze cooled portion in airtight containers or zippered bags for up to 4 weeks.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.