This easy one pot Italian Sausage Pasta recipe is the perfect family meal! A cheesy pasta dish that needs just one pan and goes from the stove, to the broiler, to your plate in less than 30 minutes!
Making one pot meals for your family is perfect for busy weeknights and using a high quality skillet saves both time and clean up! That’s a win in my books!
Thank you to Frieling USA for sponsoring this belly warming Pasta Recipe!
Italian Sausage Pasta
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
Who knew life could be so hectic and crazy all of the time? Between chasing kids, driving to soccer practices and swimming lessons, and working, I love to create meals that end up on the table quickly.
One pot meals like this Italian Sausage Pasta, allows us to have the time to cook a hearty and delicious meal from start to finish in one single skillet… in less than 30 minutes.
Having high quality kitchen accessories in our arsenal, like this amazing Woll skillet by Frieling makes life in the kitchen less hectic. I love that you can use this skillet to fry, boil, bake and broil without having to dirty extra dishes and it cleans like a dream!
How To Make Sausage Pasta in One Pan
The only tools you’ll need to make this recipe are a knife to chop onions and one single skillet (along with a spoon)! You can use this Woll skillet to brown the meat, boil the pasta and broil the cheese without making a pile of dishes to wash!
- Brown and drain sausage and onions.
- Stir in sauce, dry uncooked pasta and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer (no need to drain or precook pasta).
- Top with cheese and broil right in the pan to melt cheese!
This easy sausage pasta has so much flavor! You can use mild or spicy sausage and add in any veggies your family loves!
I love being able to make this Italian sausage pasta from start to finish in one pot. From the stove top to the oven and less than 30 minutes, this is our kind of cooking!
Woll Cookware is made in Germany and the diamond-reinforced nonstick coating is so amazing that everything (I mean everything including baked on cheese) slides right out of it! It is cast aluminum, oven safe up to 500°F (meaning you can bake casseroles or broil cheese right in the pan)! And best of all dishwasher safe! Find Woll Cookware near you here.
One pot meals also make cleaning up fast, and with this Woll skillet all you have to do is wash it briefly with hot water and a little soap and you’re done, or simply put it in the dishwasher.
I know your family is going to love this sausage pasta as much as mine does, it’s easy, cheesy and delicious!
More Easy Pastas You’ll Love:
- Creamy One Pot Pasta
- Baked Ravioli
- Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Shells recipe
- Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Chicken Tetrazzini (or turkey)
Italian Sausage Pasta
- 1 pound Italian pork sausage
- 1 onion diced
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces medium pasta (penne) uncooked
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage and onion until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook covered 14-16 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and top with cheeses. Broil 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Garnish with parsley.