This Greek Shrimp Pasta Salad recipe will be a hit on the bbq and picnic circuit this summer!
It’s time for summer salads and this bright and tangy salad is loaded with salad veggies and mixed with a creamy Greek dressing! Add some delicious and slightly crunchy shrimp for a tasty twist on this classic. And it’s best served ice cold for a refreshing and delicious addition to any summertime table.
Greek Shrimp Pasta Salad
PIN IT to your SALADS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
A Fresh Summer Salad!
- This super easy pasta seafood salad recipe has all the color, crunch, and flavor of summer.
- Make pasta salad with shrimp as a hearty side dish or a light main dish. Add it to the top of a bed of crunchy greens, or make a grab-and-go pita sandwich or wrap.
- Store-bought Greek dressing is good to keep on hand as it does double duty as a marinade or can be mixed into sour cream as a tangy dip!
Ingredients and Variations
PASTA: Heavier pastas like rotini, farfalle (bowtie), penne, or medium-sized macaroni are the best shapes for the dressing to cling to and are roughly the same size as the other ingredients.
SHRIMP: Medium shrimp (36 – 41 per lb), frozen or canned are affordable and accessible. Bay shrimp are uber-small and often found in cold salad preparations. Flakes or chunks of smoked salmon, crab, or chunks of lobster are also good choices in this recipe.
VEGGIES: Colorful and crunchy cucumber, tomatoes, green onions, and olives make this a truly Greek dish! Zucchini, sundried tomatoes, sliced red onions, and kalamata olives are also excellent switches.
CHEESE: Feta is a popular Greek cheese that comes in cubes or crumbles. Bleu cheese crumbles and shaved parmesan are excellent substitutions if feta isn’t available.
DRESSING: Greek dressing can be either creamy or a vinaigrette. Either will do. Mayonnaise can be switched out for Greek yogurt to save a few calories if desired.
How to make Pasta Salad with Shrimp
Toss a little shrimp into that pasta salad for a new twist on a classic recipe.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Prepare vegetables (as per the recipe below).
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish with crumbled feta cheese and cracked black pepper.
PRO TIP: Mix the Greek dressing and mayonnaise together before adding to the rest of the ingredients in Step 4.
This great salad goes with other summer favorites like lime grilled chicken kabobs, sweet and spicy crock pot ribs, air fryer frozen burgers, and quick and easy chili. Complementary veggie sides are roasted broccolini, air fryer green beans and bacon, and some fluffy easy dinner rolls.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
Be sure to cook pasta to ‘al dente’ so it holds up with the other ingredients. Rinsing it in cold water after draining will stop the cooking process and rinse off excess starch.
Dress the salad with only as much to coat the ingredients. Chill and add more dressing before serving, if desired. Save remaining dressing in a cruet or jar in the refrigerator for future recipes.
More Shrimp Recipes
- Easy Shrimp Salad – Light and refreshing
- Easy Shrimp Alfredo – Creamy
- Shrimp Curry Recipe – With coconut and curry
- Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta – In a creamy Thai sauce
Greek Shrimp Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces medium pasta uncooked, farfalle or penne
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 4 ounces medium shrimp canned or frozen*
- 2 green onions sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives or kalamata olives
- ½ cup Greek dressing bottled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Bring salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, chop the vegetables. Set aside.
- Once pasta is cooked al dente, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour. Garnish with additional feta cheese if desired.
REPIN this Shrimp Pasta Salad Recipe!