Parmesan Crusted Mayonnaise Chicken is a super easy and flavorful main dish that always turns out tender and delish!
Mayo parmesan chicken goes with just about everything. Incredibly tender, juicy, and delicious, it’s no wonder this chicken entree has become such a favorite! Mayonnaise chicken is so fast, easy and full of flavor, it’s sure to become a staple recipe that the chef will love to make. And one that the family will ask for again and again!
The Best Mayo Parmesan Chicken
- Parmesan-crusted chicken with mayo is easy to make, yet elegant enough for last-minute company, especially with ingredients that are probably already in the pantry!
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts make this recipe perfect for the main dish.
- Slice leftovers and top a salad or make a wrap for an energizing workday lunch!
- Fried chicken crunch and flavor without the oil! Baking with mayonnaise infuses the seasonings right into the meat!
- So versatile, a few switches and substitutions make this a new recipe every time!
Just 5 Simple Ingredients!
CHICKEN: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are always available, affordable, and uniformly portioned. Boneless pork chops, fresh fish fillets, and salmon also taste great with the same breading combination found in this recipe!
BREADING: The key to the flavor in this recipe is the ranch parmesan crust. It’s light and crispy and infuses the chicken breasts with flavor while keeping the meat tender and juicy. Following a low-carb way of eating? Switch out the panko bread crumbs for crushed pork rinds.
COATING: Mayonnaise and grated parmesan cheese make the tastiest coating for chicken. It’s similar to melt in your mouth chicken, but this recipe kicks it up a notch with the addition of Ranch dressing!
The simple combination of seasoning ingredients means you can add other flavor profiles like curry paste, basil pesto, Dijon mustard, and even a splash of sriracha!
How to Make Mayonnaise Chicken
A simple entree that always delivers big on flavor, and is ready in just a few steps:
In the Oven:
- Combine mayonnaise, ranch mix, and parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Spread the mayonnaise sauce over chicken breasts that are placed on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle Panko breadcrumbs over the chicken and bake (per the recipe below).
In the Air Fryer:
- Place seasoned and breaded chicken breasts in a single layer in the air fryer.
- Cook on high, until the tops are golden & crispy.
On the Grill:
- Cook seasoned and breaded chicken breasts on a medium-hot grill until they are cooked through.
PRO TIP: No matter which method is used to cook chicken, it should come to an internal temperature of 165°F in the thickest part for safe consumption. And always allow chicken to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
This uber-versatile recipe goes with everything! Keep it simple with a light strawberry spinach salad, a side of oven-baked asparagus, or some Chinese broccoli. Or serve it with this easy French onion casserole along with homemade dinner rolls and an easy rumchata cake for dessert.
Keep leftover parmesan-crusted mayo chicken in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave and slice to top a bed of salad greens, or make a wrap or a sandwich. Or, add leftover pieces to a stir fry, or a casserole. Freeze portions in zippered bags for up to 4 months, thaw in the refrigerator, and use cold or reheat as directed above.
Other Easy Recipes To Try!
- Creamy Chicken Dijon – just 15 minute prep
- Sweet Garlic Chicken Recipe – so much flavor.
- Parmesan Chicken – easy air fryer recipe
- Honey Lemon Chicken – just 6 ingredients and one pan!
- Easy French Onion Chicken – so tasty
Parmesan Crusted Mayonnaise Chicken
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine mayonnaise, ranch mix and parmesan in a bowl.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture over the chicken, then sprinkle Panko evenly over the top.
- Bake chicken until the juices run clear, about 22-26 minutes. Ensure chicken reaches 165°F.
- Be sure chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F in the thickest part for safe consumption.
- Allow chicken to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 4 days. Portions can be wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in zippered bags for up to 4 months.
- Thaw chicken in the refrigerator and use cold in a sandwich or as a salad topper.
- Reheat in the oven, on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Leftovers can be added to other recipes.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.