This RumChata Poke Cake Recipe infuses the creamy liqueur of RumChata into a sweet white cake.
Piercing the cake and pouring this cinnamon and vanilla flavored alcohol over top, fills all the holes. Thus, guaranteeing a taste of sweet cake and creamy cinnamon in every bite. Finally, this easy poke cake is topped with whipped cream for a new twist on a classic dessert.
RumChata Poke Cake Recipe
PIN IT to your DESSERTS Board for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Favorite Boozy Poke Cake
- This RumChata cake is so simple to make. Just a simple box of premade cake mix, a can of condensed milk, and a bottle of RumChata is all you need. Add a dollop of whip cream for the frosting for a quick dessert everyone will rave over.
- RumChata is great on its own, but soaked in the white cake makes it even more delightful.
- Quick and easy, this poke cake recipe is perfect for parties, potlucks or even family gatherings.
Ingredients & Variations
RUMCHATA: This alcohol tastes almost like Bailey Irish Cream. It has a similarly smooth and creamy texture and it can be purchased where liqueur is sold. This drink can also be used as a syrup over ice cream or as a coffee creamer (but maybe not in the morning before work)!
WHITE CAKE: A simple box of white cake like that from Duncan Hines, is the best and simplest choice for this recipe. However, a homemade white cake would also work.
VARIATIONS: Kahula or Irish Cream could also be used as a substitute for the RumChata.
How to Make a RumChata Poke Cake
This easy to make cake is so sweet:
- Make the white cake and allow to cool.
- Mix the condensed milk and the RumChata.
- Pour boozy mixture over the cake.
- Top with whipped cream, sugar, and cinnamon.
Poke Cake Ideas
- Use the handle of a spoon to poke holes in the cake. Ensure the holes are at least 1 inch apart and halfway into the cake.
- Spacing the holes is important. If they are too close together the cake can be too moist, but ff they are too far apart, then it will lack in RumChata flavor.
- Poke cake will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days, any longer and it may become a little soggy. The cake can also be frozen. Wrap it in plastic wrap and then place it in a large ziplock back.
Time Saving Tips
Using a boxed white cake saves a lot of time but a homemade version would work well also. And keeping an extra tub of cool whip in your freezer is perfect for a recipe such as this!
Other Easy Poke Cake Recipes
- Caramel Apple Poke Cake – a delicious combination!
- Banana Pudding Poke Cake – quick 15 minute prep.
- Strawberry Poke Cake – fresh and fruity!
RumChata Poke Cake Recipe
- 16-18 ounces box White Cake Mix, plus ingredients called for on back of box
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup RumChata
- 8 ounces Cool Whip/whipped topping thawed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions in a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Remove from the oven and poke all over with a fork, skewer, or back of a utensil.
- Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and RumChata in a large measuring cup and pour all over the top of the cake. Allow the cake to cool and soak at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Spread thawed whipped topping all over the top of the cake.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and sprinkle over the top of the cake.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.