It’s incredibly easy to make Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken!
Succulent chicken breasts are lightly seasoned and breaded, then cooked in the air fryer to make a cheesy parmesan crust. The pieces are then covered in a savory marinara sauce and topped with melty cheese! It doesn’t get any better than this flavorful main dish, and it all comes together in under an hour.
Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- This air fryer chicken parmesan recipe is an all-in-one main dish delish entrée with minimal prep and minimal clean-up! What’s not to love?
- Air fryer parmesan crusted chicken is the perfect recipe for savory, crispy-coated chicken breasts or thighs that are ready within minutes.
- Easy enough for every day or elegant enough for when guests are over, air fryer chicken parmesan takes all the guesswork out of multiple steps and guarantees perfect results every time.
Chicken Parmesan Ingredients
CHICKEN: Chicken parmesan historically is made with skin-on or skinless chicken breasts. However, chicken legs, thighs, or wings will work as well. Just be sure all of the pieces are the same size so they cook evenly in the air fryer.
BREADING: Parmesan and breadcrumbs are the perfect combination for a melty parmesan chicken crust. Italian breadcrumbs are seasoned with onion powder and garlic that adhere to the meat for that classic chicken parm flavor! Serve with Garlic Mashed Potatoes, some Texas Roadhouse Green Beans, and a crisp Spinach and Strawberry Salad.
SAUCE: Always select a marinara sauce that’s seasoned with everything needed for an excellent chicken parmesan! There are so many to choose from, even spicy! Choose cheeses that are extra bold in flavor and super melty, nearly any kind will do.
How to Make Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken
This simple recipe comes together so easily!
- Mix breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Whisk egg in another bowl.
- Dip seasoned chicken into the egg & then breadcrumb mixture.
- Spray pieces with pan release & cook in the air fryer (as per recipe below).
- Flip over & cook until chicken is tender.
- Top with marinara, cheese, & continue to cook until cheese is melted and the chicken reaches 165°F.
Air Fryer Tips for Success
- With any recipe, the air fryer works best when it is fully preheated so the air can flow around the pieces, sealing in the delicious juices!
- Space the pieces apart for ultimate airflow.
- Use evenly sized pieces of chicken so they all cook at the same rate.
Keep parmesan chicken covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat in the air fryer. Pieces can be frozen once they are fully cooled by placing them in zippered bags with the date labeled on the outside. They will stay good for up to 3 months in the freezer. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Faves
- Frozen Chicken Tenders – tender and juicy in the air fryer!
- Air Fryer Hot Pizza Rolls – a tasty snack
- Chicken Drumsticks – simple air fryer recipe
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets – ready in just 15 minutes
- Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Thighs – just 5 minute prep
Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken
- ¾ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 small chicken breast halves about 5 ounces each
- salt & pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- 1 cup marinara sauce plus extra for serving
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- pasta for serving optional
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and grated parmesan cheese. In a separate bowl, beat an egg.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper then dip in the beaten egg, then into the breadcrumb mixture (press to adhere).
- Spray chicken with cooking spray and place in the air fryer.
- Cook 6 minutes. Flip chicken over and cook an additional 5-6 minutes.
- Top with marinara sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella and shredded parmesan cheese.
- Air fry for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken reaches 165°F.