This Creamy Chicken Dijon recipe makes a nice mid-week meal, but also doubles as an elegant entrée for company!
Tender chicken breasts are cooked in a light and creamy mustard sauce that makes them juicy and so flavorful! This is one of those easy recipes that has gourmet appeal and taste. It’s sure to end up being a family favorite that will be requested again and again.
Creamy Chicken Dijon
PIN IT to your ENTREES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best Creamy Chicken!
- This recipe is not only healthy, but it’s also a filling, low-carb dish for keto followers!
- This creamy chicken dish is so quick and easy to make in just one pan!
- Or make it in advance as a casserole and keep it covered and warm in the oven for a potluck dinner!
Ingredients and Variations
CHICKEN: Choose fresh or frozen skinless chicken breasts that are equal in size. Whole chicken legs or thighs can also be used in this recipe as well as boneless pork loin chops!
SAUCE: Heavy cream, grainy Dijon mustard, and a shot of soy sauce are simmered into a savory sauce that coats each piece perfectly. A dry white wine provides an acidic contrast to the cream, but a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice can be used. Create different flavor profiles by using honey mustard, or a dark, spicy brown. For an extra creamy sauce, whisk cream cheese with the heavy cream.
ADD-INS: Add some sauteed mushrooms, chopped spinach, thinly sliced zucchini, and garnish the finished dish with sliced green onions for a pop of color!
How to Make Chicken Dijon
It’s so simple to make this classic entree:
- Tenderize and season chicken breasts.
- Cook in oil on each side until lightly browned (per recipe below). Remove from pan.
- Saute garlic in butter and add white wine until it is reduced by half.
- Stir in heavy cream, soy sauce, and Dijon.
- Add chicken back to the pan and simmer until heated through. Serve hot.
What to Serve with this Creamy Chicken?
Make creamy Chicken Dijon extra hearty by serving it over garlic mashed potatoes, creamy garlic pasta, or fettuccine noodles. Delish side dishes can be roasted broccolini, and a crisp strawberry salad. Or try a bright and cheery cherry tomato salad.
Tips & Tricks!
- It is important to tenderize the chicken breasts. The pieces will cook evenly and stay deliciously tender.
- Try not to overcook the chicken in step 2 because they will continue to cook when added to the sauce.
- The heavy cream, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard can be whisked in a small bowl before adding to the pan to make mixing easier.
Other Easy Chicken Entrees!
- Sweet Garlic Chicken Recipe – quick 5 minute prep.
- Soy Sauce Chicken Drumsticks – so easy to make.
- Honey Lemon Chicken – full of intense flavor.
- Sweet & Sour Chicken – delish over rice or noodles.
Creamy Chicken Dijon
- Using a meat tenderizer pound all chicken breasts to an even thickness. Season generously with salt & pepper.
- In a large pan heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 5-6 minutes per side or until browned. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add butter and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add white wine and let simmer until it is reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream, soy sauce, and dijon. Simmer for 2-3 minutes whisking until it is fully combined.
- Add chicken back to the pan and simmer until it is heated through.
- Be sure to tenderize the chicken breasts so they cook evenly.
- Do not overcook the chicken in step 2. It will cook a bit more once added to the sauce.
- Whisk together cream, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard before adding to the pan.
- Refrigerate leftovers for 3-4 days in a covered container.
REPIN this Creamy Chicken Dijon Recipe!