Honey Lemon Chicken is a quick and easy recipe for a last-minute party, potluck, or picnic!
The sweet and tangy sauce recipe glazes onto juicy chicken thighs creating a delicious chicken dinner in no time. Honey lemon garlic chicken can be made in the oven, in the Crockpot, or on the bbq. This Honey Lemon Chicken recipe is a tasty departure from tomato-based bbq sauces, but is still just as finger-lickin’ good!
Honey Lemon Chicken
PIN IT to your MAIN DISH board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Honey Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Six ingredients and one pan make for easy prep and easy clean-up!
- Honey lemon garlic chicken can be served as an appetizer, a side dish, or an entrée.
- Baked instead of fried is easier and healthier!
- Use the sauce as a marinade for other meats and fish or even as a dressing for a pasta salad!
CHICKEN – Bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs are extra juicy on their own! Chicken breasts, drumsticks, and wings can be used as well. Keep the skins on so the lemon garlicky pepper sauce can bake onto each piece.
SPICES – Oregano, garlic, salt & pepper are all it takes to give the sauce amazing savory flavor. Mixed with the other ingredients these simple spices create the ideal combo!
SAUCE – The base for the sauce is made with honey, lemon, and soy and the olive oil brings it all together. It’s deliciously tangy and a little bit sweet for the ultimate savor!
How to Make Honey Lemon Chicken
Just 1, 2, 3 easy steps and a perfect chicken entrée will be at the ready:
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes before roasting.
- Bake as per the recipe below.
- If desired, broil the chicken after cooking for extra crispy skin.
How to Serve
Tips For Success!
- Whisk the sauce ingredients together before adding to the chicken thighs in the bowl.
- Select chicken pieces that are equal in size so they cook at the same rate.
- For an extra crispy coating, brush extra sauce over finished chicken pieces and place under the broiler for about 2 minutes.
- If using fresh garlic, be sure it’s finely minced so it adheres to the chicken pieces.
Keep leftover pieces of Honey Lemon Chicken in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the oven or under the broiler (brush with extra sauce, if desired). Freeze chicken in zippered bags with the date labeled on the outside for up to 4 weeks. Thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
Other Easy Chicken Entrees!
- Sweet & Sour Chicken – quick and easy prep.
- Bacon Wrapped Sour Cream Chicken – for bacon lovers!
- Melt in Your Mouth Chicken – simple, tender and juicy.
- Spatchcock Chicken Recipe – perfect way to cook a whole chicken!
- Soy Sauce Chicken Drumsticks – sweet and sticky.
Honey Lemon Chicken
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking tray with foil and place a baking rack on top of it.
- Mix chicken thighs, olive oil, garlic powder, zest and juice of ½ lemon, oregano, honey, soy sauce, salt & pepper in a bowl and let refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place chicken on the foil tray/rack and roast for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Optional: Broil the chicken for 2-3 minutes for extra crispy chicken.