Perk up those pork chops and tonight’s dinner with this Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy recipe.
In this recipe, juicy pork chops are lightly breaded and then fried. But that is not all! Then they are placed in a casserole dish and topped with a creamy and delish brown mushroom sauce. Baked to tender perfection this is the best recipe for pork chops.
Pork Chops With Mushroom Gravy
PIN IT to your DINNER BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
Best Smothered Pork Chops
- Smothered with sauce but also with taste, these pork chops are so delicious. Baking them in the mushroom sauce renders this cut of meat so tender. Any extra gravy is perfect with some Homemade Mashed Potatoes, or Easy Dinner Rolls.
- Thanks to a few canned ingredients like canned mushroom soup this recipe is so easy to make. Great for those nights on the go!
Ingredients & Variations
PORK The humble pork chop is the choice of meat for this recipe. Choose a boneless or bone-in cut. The bone-in cut will have more juices and flavor, but obviously less meat. Remember to dredge in egg and flour and sear before adding to the casserole dish.
SAUCE For the gravy, cream of mushroom soup and a can of evaporated milk are combined for a creamy and delicious sauce. This is poured over the meat and then it is baked.
VARIATIONS For a homemade gravy instead of canned try this Homemade White Gravy, just add some sautéed mushroom and onions to the sauce. Fresh sliced white button or baby portobello mushrooms are great mushrooms of choice. Saute them first before adding to the recipe to bring out the meaty mushroom flavor.
How to Make Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
Serve up this simple meal for a comforting main dish.
- Dredge chops in egg and flour, then sear.
- Place in a baking dish and top with onions and mushrooms.
- Mix soup and canned milk and pour over pork chops.
- Bake as per the recipe below.
Tips for Tender Pork Chops
For a flavorful and tenderness in both the meat and gravy, don’t cut the bone or trim the fat from the loin chops.
For a more tender cut of meat, tenderize the boneless chops with a meat mallet.
Make sure the chops reach an internal temperature of 145°F, followed by at least 3 minutes of rest time after removing from the oven. For best and safest results, use a meat thermometer to be sure you don’t over or undercook your pork chops.
More Pork Recipes
- Smothered Pork Chops – a Southern flair!
- Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops – savory flavor
- Oven Baked Pork Chops – truly delicious
- Honey Garlic Roasted Pork Tenderloin – melt in your mouth!
Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
- Beat eggs in a shallow tray.
- Combine flour, salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder on a plate.
- Dip pork chops in egg and then flour mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown pork chops on each side, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place pork chops in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Slice onions and layer on top of pork chops. Layer mushroom pieces on top of the pork chops and onions.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together cream of mushroom soup and evaporated milk.
- Once combined, pour cream of mushroom mixture over the top of pork chops.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes.