Easy Taco Chili recipe!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
With this perfect Easy Taco Chili, you can have a cozy, hot meal ready and waiting for you the moment you get home! Beef or chicken, with taco seasoning and cheese combine to make a Tex Mex inspired slow cooker dish that will win your heart!
This is comfort food at it’s best, so savory and delicious. While I sometimes love to make what my husband calls the best chili recipe, Taco Chili is super tasty and it’s terrific for when you know you won’t have time to cook. Serve it with biscuits or my favorite homemade cornbread.
Easy Taco Chili
Pin it your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
How To Make Slow Cooker Chili
You won’t believe how easy this is, 3 quick steps to dinner on the table when you come home!
- Brown and crumble the ground beef. If not using lean meat, drain off the fat.
- Add browned meat and all other ingredients to the CrockPot. You can make it with or without chili powder, it’s up to you.
- Cook low and slow for 4-6 hours. (It’s OK to cook it for longer, but optimal cooking time is 4-6 hours)
What To Do With Leftover Chili
How can I use up my leftover chili, let me count the ways!
- Chili dogs and french fries, my friends! Now there’s an easy game night supper that’s sure to be a hit.
- Burritos! Just use a slotted spoon to scoop some chili into a pre made corn or wheat tortilla, wrap tightly, and microwave for 20-30 seconds. Lunch is served!
- Nachos! Cover corn chips with chili and shredded cheese, heat in the oven or microwave. Serve with sour cream, guacamole or any of your other favorite Mexican dips!
My Favorite Taco Chili Toppings
There are so many toppings and dress ups for chili, that it is actually hard to pick my favorites!
- I think sliced black olives and jalapeos have to be at the top of my list. Call me crazy, but that combo just can’t be beat. (It’s the best on nachos, too!)
- Chopped cilantro liberally sprinkled on top of shredded cheese- oh yeah!
- Pico de Gallo and a dollop of sour cream, yum!
- Or just a squeeze of lime juice, now that’s easy and super addictive!
Freezing Leftover Chili
You can scoop this chili right into freezer bags, leaving a couple of inches for expansion. Seal tightly and freeze for up to 4 months. Or, use a tight fitting, freezer safe container, again leaving room for expansion.
To reheat simply defrost and heat on the stove top or in the microwave, stirring as necessary so it doesn’t stick. Or, use the defrosted chili as the base for a whole new dish like enchiladas or tacos! Mexican night at home has never been easier or tasted so good!
More Delicious Recipes To Try
Cheesy Taco Bake – One dish dinner.
Cowboy Casserole Recipe – a complete meal.
Creamy Beef Mushroom Stroganoff – a family favorite!
Taco Shepherd’s Pie – a delicious twist on a classic.
Stove Top Meatloaf – so easy and delicious!
Easy Slow Cooker Taco Chili will be ready for you the moment you get home! Taco seasoned ground beef, cheese and beans create a delicious Tex Mex inspired dish your family will love!
- 1 pound ground beef cooked, crumbled, and drained
- 2 10 ounce cans Rotel do not drain
- 15 ounces black beans or kidney beans, (1 can) drained and rinsed
- 30 ounces corn (2 cans) do not drain
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese cubed
- 1 jar salsa use whichever level of spicy you prefer, I use medium,
- Dump the cooked and crumbled ground beef into the CrockPot.
- Add in the drained can of beans, and all of the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese if you wish!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)