Canned green bean casserole is a well loved holiday side dish that’s so easy to make!
The classic green bean casserole is made even easier with just 4 ingredients and one dish! Green bean casserole with canned green beans and mushroom soup comes together in just minutes and no holiday table is complete without it! So easy and delicious, why not make it year-round?
Quick & Easy Side Dish
- Easy to assemble ahead and cook when ready or bake ahead and reheat when ready – the flavors will just get better!
- Five minutes of prep time and in less than half an hour, this savory, creamy dish with a crunchy topping is ready to serve!
- Perfect for a last-minute side dish!
GREEN BEANS: Canned green beans make this recipe super easy, but frozen green beans can be used, no need to thaw!
SAUCE: Cream of mushroom soup is an instant soup and sauce! Add a little extra milk or sour cream for a creamier casserole. Cream of celery soup is also a good choice.
TOPPINGS: French fried onions are crunchy and a little bit salty and balance out the creamy soup. Crushed butter crackers (like Ritz) or breadcrumbs can be used, too. Bacon bits can be added as a topping or mixed in if desired. A sprinkle of parmesan cheese is a tasty touch, too!
ADD-INS: Green bean casserole is a great way to use up leftover veggies or add fresh! Sliced water chestnuts, sliced mushrooms, or a bag of frozen vegetable medley will add color, crunch, and flavor.
How to Make Canned Green Bean Casserole
- Drain and rinse green beans and add to a casserole dish with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well and bake (as per recipe below).
- Top with French fried onion and bake until bubbly and golden on top. Serve hot.
- Canned green bean casserole is easy to freeze! Simply keep it in freezer safe container and thaw it overnight in the refrigerator.
- Reheat in the oven and top with French fried onions before serving.
- Keep leftovers covered in the refrigerator and reheat them on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Canned Green Bean Casserole
- 2 cans green beans 14.5 ounce can
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup 10.5 ounce can
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup french fried onions
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine green beans, mushroom soup, milk, pepper, and ½ cup of fried onions in a 1 ½ quart dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Top with remaining onions and bake and additional 5-10 minutes or until bubbly and golden on top.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.