Crock Pot Lasagna is going to become a new staple dinner in your home!
What could be better than an easy cheese fully loaded lasagna recipe? How about a delicious lasagna made in the slow cooker with all of the flavor and very little work!
This Crock Pot Lasagna recipe has layers of meat sauce, pasta and cheese yet takes no time at all to cook!
Crock Pot Lasagna Recipe
Pin it this crock pot recipe to your SLOW COOKER board to save it!!
Be sure to follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest!
This Crock Pot Lasagna is one of those meals that everyone in my family can agree on!
Layer upon layer of seasoned tomato meat sauce, tender lasagna noodles and a rich creamy cheesy filling!
While I do love lasagna, it can be very time consuming (and dish-dirtying) when you’re making a homemade sauce, boiling noodles, browning meat and making the filling. This extra easy slow cooker lasagna recipe takes a fraction of the time, makes way less mess but has all of the delicious flavor you expect from a baked lasagna.
How to Make Crock Pot Lasagna
My favorite part of this easy lasagna recipe is that there is no need to pre-cook the lasagna noodles (I use regular noodles, not the no-boil variety). Adding them to the Crock Pot raw allows them to cook in the sauce adding tons of flavor and thickening the whole lasagna mixture.
When browning the beef, I like to break it up using a chop and stir which makes a great texture and creates the perfect sauce. Feel free to add in your own favorite seasonings to the sauce or to sneak in chopped veggies. I often grind veggies like mushrooms and zucchini in the food processor to create a chunky sauce loaded with flavor and texture (and my kids don’t even know it’s in there). If you leave out the meat you can use shredded vegetables and create a slow cooker vegetarian lasagna.
If you have it on hand, a package of frozen chopped spinach can be defrosted, squeezed dry and added to the ricotta mixture.
How Long Does it Take to Make Lasagna in the Crock Pot?
The prep time for this easy recipe is only about 20 minutes, you’ll simply need to brown your meat in a skillet and then add in pasta sauce. Layer it all in the slow cooker and voila! I cook it on low 4-6 hours, but the great thing is this can stay on warm for a couple of hours making it the perfect party food!
Like most casserole type dishes, this recipe is just as good (if not better) the next day and freezes beautifully!
Cheesy Crock Pot Lasagna
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 24 ounce jar pasta sauce
- 15 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 8 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese divided
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan Cheese divided
- 1 egg
- 6 lasagna noodles uncooked
- Brown ground beef in large skillet; drain. Stir in pasta sauce.
- Mix ricotta, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella, 2 Tbsp. Parmesan, and egg.
- Spoon 1 cup meat sauce into slow cooker; top with layers of half each of the noodles (broken to fit) and cheese mixture.
- Cover with 2 cups meat sauce. Top with remaining noodles (broken to fit), cheese mixture and meat sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheeses; let stand, covered, 10 min. or until melted.
More Recipes You’ll Love