Smothered Pork Chops recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Like this recipe? “Pin it” by clicking the photo above!!
I have to thank my dad for making me these Smothered Pork Chops. They were sooo delicious and the recipe can be made even easier by just taking stovetop stuffing and using that instead of homemade stuffing (but the homemade stuffing is super yummy!!) The best part of this is that it’s so delicious and so easy to throw together and bake!! This is one of my most favorite recipes and I hope you love it too! Please come back and let me know how you liked it!
I have to thank my dad for making me these Smothered Pork Chops.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- 3 cups day-old bread cubes
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup 10.75 ounce
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet on medium heat, heat the oil and brown both sides of the pork chops.
- Add the pork chops in a baking dish.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss the bread cubes, melted butter, chicken broth, celery, onion, and poultry seasoning together.
- Put heaping mounds of the bread crumb mixture onto the pork chops.
- Mix together the cream of mushroom soup and water.
- Pour the soup mixture over the stuffing and pork chops.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for 10 minutes longer or until cooked through.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)