Savory and delicious French Onion Pork Chops are always welcome at any dinner party!
Seasoned chops are smothered in a creamy French onion mushroom sauce, then oven-baked until they are juicy and tender. This comfort food classic recipe is loaded with flavor and is simple to make too, perfect for busy weeknights. So why not skip the takeout and create this deliciously easy entree instead.
Flavorful French Onion Pork Chops!
- This easy recipe tastes like the pork chops and mushroom sauce were slow-cooked for hours!
- Prep ahead, cover, and bake just in time for company!
- This hot and hearty dish can be prepared and kept warm in a Crock Pot for potlucks and dinner parties!
Ingredients & Variations
PORK: Boneless chops are used in this recipe, adjust the recipe if chops are thinner or thicker. Use like-sized pieces so they cook at the same rate! Bone-in chops could be used if that is what is available.
SAUCE: Campbell’s cream of mushroom or French onion condensed soup gives this dish its savory flavor and creamy texture. Pre-made onion dip is already seasoned but sour cream or Greek yogurt will also bring that creamy consistency and delicious flavor as well. Low salt options for the broth and soup are available, too.
How to Make French Onion Pork Chops
This delicious dinner is so quick to prepare:
- Season and brown pork chops in a skillet, remove and set aside.
- Cook onions in butter until softened.
- Mix in broth, onion dip, and soup.
- Place the chops in a casserole dish and cover with the gravy.
- Cover with foil and bake per recipe below. Garnish with crispy onions, if desired.
What to Serve with Pork Chops?
Serve this delicious main dish with colorful sides like brown sugar glazed carrots, roasted broccolini, rosemary roasted potatoes, and a simple spinach strawberry salad, or this tomato salad. Add some hot and fresh homemade dinner rolls, and an easy, tangy pineapple upside-down cake, and dinner is served!
Store leftover French onion pork chops in a covered container for up to 3 days. Reheat on the skillet, adding a little water to loosen up the gravy.
Easy Pork Chop Recipes!
- Smothered Pork Chops – with stuffing on top.
- Pork Chop & Potato Bake – everything in one pan.
- Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy – a favorite.
- Oven Baked Pork Chops – quick 15 minute prep.
French Onion Pork Chops
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet to medium high, add olive oil then brown pork chops (about 2 minutes per side). Remove to a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Reduce heat to medium. Saute onions in butter until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add beef broth, onion dip, and condensed soup to onions and whisk until smooth.
- Pour mixture over the chops and cover with foil. Bake for 90-120 minutes.
- Garnish with crispy onions if desired.
- Thinner chops will need less time to cook, thicker chops will need more time.
- Cook chops over a low simmer or the dairy may separate.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat chops in a skillet, and add a little water to loosen up the gravy.
REPIN this French Onion Pork Chops Recipe!