This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Unlike rich and mayo-based dressings, the ingredients in this lemon vinaigrette are perfectly blended for a light, slightly sweet dressing you can also use on your favorite pasta salad or even a potato salad! The possibilities are endless!
PIN IT your DRESSINGS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I love to create my own homemade salad dressings! And using ingredients that are fresh and in season are perfect not only because they make everything taste that much better, but also because you can save a bit of money! And who doesn’t love that?
Purchasing in-season produce is a cost-effective way to bring fresh, delicious, and unique dishes to your table. And making recipes from scratch is not only delicious but making and using only what you need helps reduce waste! So creating my own fresh salad dressings on an as-needed basis helps me reduce waste, save money, and taste fantastic! And that just makes me feel good!
We are so excited to partner with Microplane to show you how using freshly grated lemon and garlic kicks up the flavor in this fresh and zesty Lemon Vinaigrette recipe!
Using the proper kitchen tool is also important to help bring out the very best texture and flavor in your recipes. And one of my favorite tools is the Microplane EcoGrate™series zester! It is a hand-held, wand-shaped grater that I use every day! It’s perfect for grating things like cinnamon, chocolate, nuts, cheese, ginger, and for this salad dressing recipe, fresh lemon, and garlic!
The EcoGrate™ series is the perfect addition to your eco-friendly kitchen. Microplane’s EcoGrate™ series has a grater frame made with organic Moso bamboo. Moso bamboo is known for being durable and dishwasher-safe as well as being biodegradable, compostable, and recyclable.
How To Make Lemon Vinaigrette
This easy vinaigrette comes together in 3 easy steps!
- Zest the lemon to make one teaspoon of zest.
- Cut the lemon in half and juice it to equal 2 tablespoons.
- Grate the garlic and add all the ingredients to a cruet or mason jar and shake well to combine.
Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Experiment with different fresh herbs like basil, oregano, thyme, or even rosemary.
How To Zest A Lemon
My favorite way to zest a lemon is with the Microplane EcoGrate™! It is sharp for fast and easy grating, and clean-up is a breeze! Simply rinse under hot running water, wipe the backside of the grater with a towel and you are ready to grate again!
To begin, be sure the lemon is clean and dry. Hold the Microplane EcoGrate™ vertically to the workspace over a cutting board with one hand. With the other hand, gently slide the lemon up and down across the grater until the right amount is grated. It’s that simple!
The Best Uses For Lemon Vinaigrette
Lemon vinaigrette is super versatile! Because of the acidic lemon juice and the savory garlic, this vinaigrette is perfect used as a marinade, sauce, or dip!
- Marinade – place beef, chicken, pork, or fish in a zippered bag and pour in a little vinaigrette. Seal the bag and shake to completely cover the meat. Keep in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Sauce – simply brush vinaigrette on grilled meat or veggies during cook time!
- Dip – combine lemon vinaigrette with sour cream for a fresh and delicious veggie dip!
How To Store Lemon Vinaigrette
Another great trick is to freeze lemon vinaigrette in ice cube trays. This definitely helps reduce waste!
- Simply pop one or two cubes out at a time and add to water for cooking potatoes, rice, or pasta.
- Cubes of lemon vinaigrette can also be added to butter in a sauté pan before the veggies go in!
- They are perfectly sized portions for an individual salad. What an easy and convenient lunch idea.
Other Recipes The Microplane Is Perfect For!
- Spinach & Tomato Chicken Pasta Salad – with grated parmesan!
- Oven Baked Rosemary Chicken – perfect with fresh lemon zest!
- Classic Macaroni Salad – using grated carrots!
- Pumpkin Cheesecake – topped with freshly grated cinnamon!
- Key Lime Pie – a beautiful fresh lime zest garnish!
Lemon Vinaigrette is a simple, sweet-tart dressing recipe that is so easy to make, and delicious on a spinach or arugula salad!
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1 small clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
Using a Microplane grater, zest 1 teaspoon of lemon zest. Cut the lemon in half and juice 2 tablespoons.
Using the Microplane grater, grate the garlic clove.
Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and remaining ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine, or to a reusable cruet or mason jar with a lid and shake well to combine.
Season with additional salt & pepper to taste.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)