Bacon Ranch Macaroni Salad recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Take macaroni salad to the next level with this Bacon Ranch Macaroni Salad recipe! It’s a recipe that everyone will definitely want once they try it! And the best part is it goes from the kitchen to the picnic table in no time flat!
You cannot go wrong with a classic macaroni salad, but modifying it for a refreshing change is a tasty idea! That is why this macaroni salad with ranch dressing and bacon is so perfectly different and delicious!
Bacon Ranch Macaroni Salad
Pin it to your SALADS BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Also called a BLT Macaroni Salad, you can experiment with what kind of pasta shape you like best. Why not try rotelle, bowtie, penne or even mini shells to really fancy it up?
For the dressing, nothing comes close to the combo of ranch dressing mix and mayo! To keep it even easier, make this salad with ranch dressing instead of the powder mix. So many options, right? For a fun and tasty alternative, try subbing chicken for the bacon and make your own version of a chicken bacon ranch macaroni salad!
How To Make Ranch Macaroni Salad
- Cook pasta to package directions, set aside.
- Cook the bacon, drain off the fat and crumble.
- Combine everything in a large bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Chill at least 2 hours to let the flavors blend.
What To Serve With Ranch Macaroni Salad?
A great side salad deserves great sides and a great entrée! Here are a few of my absolute faves!
- Looking for a great meatloaf recipe, try this Mozzarella Stuffed Mini Meatloaf recipe!
- Feeling like chicken tonight? Give this Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe a try!
- Perhaps it has been a while since you have served pork chops, look no further than this easy crockpot recipe!
- Don’t forget the veggies! Broccoli, Oven Roasted Asparagus or Candied Carrots would all be delicious served with this macaroni salad!
Can You Make Macaroni Salad In Advance?
You totally can make macaroni salad in advance! Make it the day before and let all the flavors blend together. More than a day in advance and the salad might start to get a little watery and the pasta may become a little too soft.
My general rule of thumb is that it’s best to make macaroni salad and then serve it within a day or so for maximum freshness and flavor.
Can You Freeze Macaroni Salad?
It’s possible to freeze the individual components of the salad and then assemble them when it’s time to build the salad. But ideally, prepare and make the salad no more than 24 hours in advance if you want the very best quality!
Other Pasta Salads To Try
Southwest Pasta Salad – a zesty alternative.
BLT Pasta Salad – it’s an entree salad.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad – fresh and full of veggies!
BBQ Chicken Macaroni Salad – perfect for a BBQ!
Spaghetti Salad – so different and delicious.
This easy to make Bacon Ranch Macaroni Salad goes from the kitchen to the picnic table in no time flat!
- 8 ounces macaroni noodles cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 lb bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons purple onion diced
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Cook the bacon, drain and crumble.
In a large mixing bowl combine the macaroni, Ranch dressing, tomatoes and crumbled bacon.
- Stir well.
- Refrigerate to let flavors marinate.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)