In this light, refreshing and easy recipe, Shrimp Salad makes the perfect dish for warmer weather lunches and dinners!
Mild shrimps are mixed with a tangy seafood dressing and then served in elegant butter lettuce leaves. Shrimp salad is an impressive addition to a party or picnic with some melba toasts or on small cucumber rounds.
Easy Shrimp Salad
PIN IT to your SALADS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Recipe for Shrimp Salad
- This recipe for shrimp salad is so easy and elegant to make, and it’s so versatile, that you’ll find new ways to serve it all summer long. Make a fun appetizer platter using shrimp salad and a variety of crackers and low calorie, low-carb dippers like celery and zucchini, or make fancy mini shrimp toast appetizers.
- Serve shrimp salad over a bed of greens, or add to a sandwich or in a simple low-carb wrap. Or, dress it up and make portable shrimp salads by scooping a bit into half an avocado. Low carb, delicious, and energizing!
Ingredients and Variations
SHRIMP: Any size of shrimp will do since they can be chopped. But bay shrimp are salad ready since they don’t need peeling and are often found ready to thaw and eat (no cooking)!
DRESSING: Mayonnaise, fresh lemon juice, and a dash of Old Bay seasoning blend all the flavors together. Keep a container of Old Bay on hand because it really brings out the best flavors of seafood! A little Greek yogurt or sour cream can be added for a tinge of tartness and it will still stay keto!
VEGGIES: Finely diced celery complements the mild flavor of the shrimp and dressing. Add a little ‘extra’ however by using diced water chestnut or some alfalfa sprouts for color and crunch!
How to Make this Easy Shrimp Salad Recipe
It is so easy to toss this shrimp salad together. Simple toss, and chill!
- Prepare the dressing in a bowl. Chill.
- Combine shrimp, celery, green onion, and dill in a bowl.
- Toss with dressing (as per the recipe below).
- Serve in butter lettuce ‘boats’.
- Garnish with a sprig of dill and a slice of lemon.
What To Serve with Shrimp Salad?
Scoop shrimp salad into zucchini boats and serve as an appetizer or as a side to grilled steaks or with burgers. The creamy dressing in this shrimp makes it great to serve with crispy smashed potatoes or some oven-baked potato wedges. Since there is already protein in the salad (the shrimp), it could be served with stir-fried broccoli or roasted broccolini along with the potatoes.
In a pinch for time? Simply purchase a pre-cooked shrimp ring and chop them up!
Keep leftover shrimp salad in a covered container for about 4 days. It’s not a good idea to freeze leftover shrimp salad as the ingredients will be too mushy to eat once they are thawed.
Other Hearty Salad Recipes!
- Taco Salad Bowl with Creamy Avocado Dressing – loaded with goodness.
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad – just 5 minute prep.
- BLT Rotisserie Chicken Salad Sandwich – perfect for lunch.
- Cheeseburger Salad– a BBQ or potluck favorite.
- Easy Mandarin Chicken Salad Recipe – fresh and delicious.
Easy Shrimp Salad
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 1 celery rib diced
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill minced
- butter lettuce for serving
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon old bay seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine cooked shrimp, celery, green onion and dill in a medium bowl. Add dressing and toss well.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- Line a plate with butter lettuce, top with the shrimp salad and serve.
- For even quicker prep, purchase a pre-cooked shrimp ring and chop the shrimp up.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in a covered container for about 4 days.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Easy Shrimp Salad Recipe!