Cottage Cheese Orange Jello Salad makes the perfect summertime refreshing salad!
This super fun and fluffy cottage cheese jello salad recipe is made with orange flavored Jell-o, cottage cheese, mandarin oranges, loads of marshmallows and whipped topping! It’s a light and delicious dessert salad that is easy to make, so it’s perfect served any day of the week or for any occasion.
Best Jello Salad Recipe!
- This cottage cheese Jello salad is sweet, colorful and festive – a favorite with kids and grown-ups alike!
- Is it a salad or a dessert? It’s both! Take it to a picnic or curl up and enjoy a guilt-free sweet treat on movie night.
- This light and fruity salad is wide open to interpretation! Mix and match Jello flavors and fruit to create a new recipe every time! Try multi-colored mini marshmallows for a festive look!
- A cottage cheese Jello salad is one of those nostalgic dishes, perfect for potlucks and ladies’ lunches.
Ingredients and Variations
COTTAGE CHEESE: Full-fat small curd cottage cheese is preferable because it blends better with the powdered Jello mix. Low-fat cottage cheese can be used for fewer calories. For a heavier salad, mix in some softened cream cheese with the cottage cheese before adding the Jello powder.
JELLO: Orange Jello is bright and tangy plus it adds a dreamy, creamsicle flavor to this recipe. Other fun combos to try are strawberry Jello with strawberries, berry Jello with blueberries, lemon Jello with pineapple, or make a festive salad with cherry Jello and cranberries – the possibilities are endless!
WHIPPED CREAM: Whipped topping is ready-made and has the perfect consistency to suspend the mandarin oranges in. Try using a combination of marshmallow fluff mixed with the whipped cream to make it more stable.
How to make Orange Jello Salad
Orange Jello salad is so easy to make that a kid could do it! In fact, why not turn over the task to them?
- Blend cottage cheese with Jello and then fold in whipped cream and marshmallows (as per recipe below).
- Fold in mandarin oranges and refrigerate before serving.
PRO TIP: Drain mandarin oranges and pat them dry with a clean paper towel before using.
Garnish with extra marshmallows, a sprig of mint, or some sliced almonds, if desired.
Tips To Store Jello Salad
- Keep leftover cottage cheese orange Jello salad covered in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Gently stir before serving.
Everybody loves a dish that can be made a day or two ahead of time, and this orange Jello salad recipe is a perfect example!
Make it in the morning and then relax, knowing that dessert is taken care of!
Other Jello Recipes to Try!
- Lime jello salad – a layered fruit salad side dish or dessert.
- Creamsicle jello shots – an adult friendly treat.
- Strawberry pretzel dessert – delicious dessert or fruit salad.
- Berry fluff pie – with an assortment of berries.
Cottage Cheese Orange Jello Salad
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 package Orange Jell-o 4 servings size
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 15-20 ounces canned mandarin oranges drained
- Combine cottage cheese and dry Jell-O powder in a bowl.
- Fold in whipped topping and marshmallows.
- Add oranges and gently fold them into the mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Canned mandarin oranges break easily so be super careful when folding them in.
- Use one 15 ounce can, or two 10 ounce cans, of mandarin oranges.
- Refrigerate leftovers for 4-5 days in a lightly covered container.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.