This homemade Olive Garden Dressing recipe is so easy to prepare and so close to the real thing, that it is worth the trouble replicating!
The Olive Garden restaurant makes an excellent and light salad dressing. It is so simple to prepare a copycat version of the Olive Garden Dressing at home and have it ready to toss with those healthy greens.
Olive Garden Salad Dressing Recipe
PIN IT to your DRESSING board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Copycat Dressing
- Simple ingredients tossed together effortlessly, create a symphony of flavors that be added to almost any tossed salad any day of the week. What could be better than that?
- Use the dry parmesan cheese in the dressing itself, but also add grated parmesan to the salad once it has been tossed.
- Don’t stop at lettuce salads. Add this Olive Garden Salad Dressing to a vegetable medley for a tasty marinated vegetable dish. Or toss those marinated veggies on the BBQ for quickly grilled veggies!
- This dressing is also fantastic mixed with cabbage for a knock-out coleslaw. Or for a complete meal, perfect for summer, simply add grilled chicken to the salad and dressing!
- Use the dressing as a marinade for chicken breast and serve with any favorite pasta dish such as Olive Garden Alfredo.
Ingredients & Variations
VINEGAR & OIL White vinegar is the simplest and cheapest vinegar for this recipe. Red or white wine vinegar will give the dressing a more complex and bold flavor. For the oil canola, vegetable, or sunflower are great choices.
SEASONING Garlic, sugar, pepper, Italian seasoning, lemon, parmesan, and a package of Good Seasoning Italian Dressing. The Italian seasoning and Good Seasoning Italian Dressing are both different types of seasoning with different mixes of herbs and spices. These will add depth and flavor to the dressing overall. Fresh or bottled lemon juice works fine as well.
XANTHAN GUM Xanthan Gum is a thickening agent and is also used as a stabilizer to prevent the oil from separating from the other liquids. Xanthan Gum will help to suspend these spices throughout the dressing. So its use will not affect the flavor, but rather the consistency of your dressing. If there is none on hand, no worries! Just give the dressing a good mix or shake before pouring!
How to Make Olive Garden Salad Dressing
This vinaigrette is a restaurant-worthy creation that will perk up any basic salad.
- Mix well (as per the recipe below).
- Chill and toss with salad.
Tips for the Best Vinaigrette
Easy salad dressings are the best. Just dump ingredients into a mason jar and shake. This also makes for easy and convenient storage of the leftover dressing. Double this recipe to make sure that there are some on hand for a while.
More Salad Ideas
- Homemade Thousand Island Dressing – so creamy!
- Taco Salad Bowl with Creamy Avocado Dressing – healthy and green dressing
- Lemon Vinaigrette – simple yet flavorful!
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad – a bright and cheery salad
Olive Garden Salad Dressing
- Combine ingredients and blend until well mixed.
- Chill until ready to serve.