Make this Crock Pot pork loin recipe for an easy entrée with minimal prep and loads of flavor.
Seasoned with herbs and slow-cooked in apple cider, this dish is both savory and zesty. The fork-tender meat can be sliced for an easy meal or to add to sandwiches!
Perfect Crock Pot Pork Loin
- Slow cooker recipes are so easy, including this one! Just toss everything into the Crockpot, set it, and forget it!
- This recipe makes a ton of leftovers so it’s perfect for batch cooking. Use in sandwiches, wraps, or tacos for lunch all week long!
- Crockpot pork loin is tender and oh-so juicy! Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli for a delicious, hearty meal.
Pork Loin vs. Pork Tenderloin
It’s easy to confuse pork loin with pork tenderloin. After all, they both sound almost like the same thing, right? However, the two cuts of meat have distinct qualities that benefit from different cooking methods.
- Pork loin has a nice layer of fat which provides excellent flavor, but the meat is tougher, which means it benefits from the low and slow treatment of the slow cooker. Purchase pork loin either boneless or bone-in.
- Pork tenderloin, on the other hand, is very lean, boneless, and soft. It benefits from roasting on high heat until slightly pink in the center, but won’t be as tender and flavorful when cooked for hours in the slow cooker. Learn how to cook pork tenderloin the right way for a perfectly tender bite!
Ingredients for Crock Pot Pork Loin
PORK LOIN – is a great type of pork to slow cook. It will come out tender, moist, and full of flavor!
SEASONING – Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper are used to season the pork loin. Feel free to add any seasonings of choice!
LIQUID – Broth and apple cider are slow-cooked with pork. This is what makes the pork loin so moist and tender!
How to Cook Pork Loin in the Crock Pot
Dinner is so easy when pork loin is prepared this way. In fact, it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Rub the pork loin with a spice mixture
- Place in Crockpot with onions and apple cider.
- Cook for several hours (per recipe instructions below) until tender.
What to Serve with Crock Pot Pork Loin
- Serve pork loin family style. Just set it on a serving platter and carve it right at the table into substantial slabs. This pork is very tender – try using an electric carving knife which helps keep it in nice slices when cutting. If an electric knife is not available, just use a very sharp knife to slice.
- It’s excellent served with mashed potatoes, garlic bread, or easy stuffing and gravy. It’s the basis for a hearty comfort meal guaranteed to satisfy everyone. Don’t forget a side of roasted veggies!
Storing Leftover Pork Loin
Pork loin is a large roast that can be, up to five pounds so plan on leftovers. Good thing it’s a versatile cut of meat that can be thinly sliced for sandwiches or diced for tacos.
- In the fridge, it will keep for three to four days.
- In the freezer, it will keep for up to three months!
Crock Pot Pork Loin
- In a small bowl mix together Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Sprinkle spice mixture over pork loin.
- Add the onions to the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker, top with the spiced pork loin, and pour in the apple cider and chicken broth.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low 9-10 hours until the pork is fork-tender. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.