Rosemary Chicken is a healthy dinner option that uses bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces that have been marinated in a flavorful lemon-rosemary olive oil marinade.
Because of the olive oil and skin, the chicken pieces bake to golden perfection and the meat is both moist and packed with that lemon rosemary flavor.
Oven Baked Rosemary Chicken
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best Baked Chicken Dinner
- The combination of lemon and rosemary makes this chicken so wonderfully tasty.
- Chicken is everyone’s favorite go-to dinner recipe. There are thousands of delicious chicken recipes out there, like Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole, Creamy Garlic Chicken Marsala, and Perfect Chicken Parmesan!
- But it doesn’t really get much simpler than Oven Baked Rosemary Chicken, making it perfect for busy weeknights!
- Double this recipe for lots of leftovers. They are perfect for chicken salad sandwiches or added to a chicken pasta salad.
Ingredients & Variations
CHICKEN Buy bone-in and skin-on chicken for this recipe. The skin and the bone add a little more flavor and juiciness than a boneless skinless chicken breast.
LEMON Use the juice from 1 lemon for this recipe. It can be replaced with bottled lemon juice.
For a quick reference, 1 small lemon has about 3 tablespoons of juice, 1 medium lemon has about 4 tablespoons, and a large lemon has 5 tablespoons. Although if using the bottled lemon juice there will be no zest to add to the recipe and that may affect the flavor.
ROSEMARY This is a fragrant herb that has a hint of citrus. This is why it complements the lemon so beautifully in this and other dishes.
How to Make Baked Rosemary Chicken
This chicken recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Combine marinade ingredients in a zippered bag.
- Toss with the chicken and refrigerate.
- Bake until golden and crispy!
Tips for Success
To make quick work of this recipe there are a few kitchen tools to make Oven Baked Rosemary Chicken.
- When baking the chicken line the baking sheet with parchment paper so it doesn’t stick and it makes for easy cleanup!
- Lemon zest has so much citrus flavor and really compliments the citrus aspect of this recipe. If you don’t have a lemon zester use the smallest holes on your cheese grater to get a fine zest.
- The longer the chicken marinades, the stronger the lemon rosemary flavor will be!
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
- Chicken Pot Pie – yummy comfort food
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo – an easy one-pot meal!
- Baked Lemon Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Tetrazzini – great for leftover chicken
Oven Baked Rosemary Chicken
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon sized resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate for at least an hour up to overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Delicious Chicken Recipe