This simple and Quick Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe is deliciously easy to make!
Similar to the popular Chick Fil A brand, this DIY honey mustard dipping sauce is an easy homemade version that can be made sweet or spicy for any application! Use is as a sandwich spread, a salad dressing or as a classic dip for nuggets, wings or even fries!
Quick Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe
PIN IT to your DIPS & DRESSINGS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Why We Love This Recipe
- This multi-purpose sauce is great for dipping, dunking, and dressings!
- Make this quick sauce for a last-minute glaze for ham, salmon, pork, even fried chicken wings! Brush on meat or veggies for bbq kebabs!
- Three ingredients that are probably already in the refrigerator, whisk it and it’s ready to use! See versions for sugar-free or without mayo below!
Ingredients and Variations
MAYONNAISE: Full fat mayonnaise delivers the creamy consistency and flavor, but a no mayo version can be made using sour cream or even Greek yogurt.
MUSTARD: This recipe is made with yellow mustard which gives that bright, tangy flavor to honey mustard sauce. But feel free to experiment with Dijon, stone ground mustard, or even Chinese hot mustard.
HONEY: Honey gives the sauce its signature sweetness but maple syrup will add a different depth of flavor. For a sugar-free honey mustard sauce, use Lakanto or monk fruit syrup instead and adjust for preference.
How to Make Honey Mustard Sauce
This is how to make easy homemade honey mustard sauce: simply mix the ingredients together (per recipe below), chill, and serve! Easy peasy!
What Does Honey Mustard Go With?
What doesn’t honey mustard sauce go with?
- Everyone loves to dip chicken strips, chicken tenders or nuggets in that sweet mustard sauce!
- Or brush it on chicken drumsticks for a delicious main course. For chicken pieces, brush with honey mustard sauce and bake, bbq, or air fry.
- Sweet potato fries or Tater Tots make fun dippers. And for healthier dippables, try oven roasted asparagus or cauliflower, or brush the sauce on a fresh piece of oven baked corn!
The possibilities are limited only by your imagination!
Time Saving Tips
For best results, store honey mustard sauce in a mason jar or other container with a tight-fitting lid. It will stay fresh in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks. Make a double batch because it will go fast!
Freeze honey mustard sauce in ice cube trays and pop out a cube or two to add to a stir fry or mix into a potato salad! For a thicker spread to use on burgers, sandwiches, or wraps, mix honey mustard sauce with a bit of cream cheese.
Other Easy Dip Recipes To Try!
- Dill Veggie Dip – a classic dip everyone loves!
- Onion Dip – for veggies or chips.
- Jalapeno Popper Dip – so much flavor!
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip – a hearty appetizer.
Quick Honey Mustard Sauce Recipe
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.