Creamy Pasta is an easy no-fuss, no-muss, one-pot pasta entrée that the whole family will love. Butter, whipping cream, parmesan, and garlic are all it takes to bring this creamy garlic pasta dish to life!
We love serving it as a main dish with pizza dough breadsticks or turning into a delicious base for our favorite shrimp boil foil packets. However you choose to serve it, it is sure to be a hit, especially the leftovers!
One Pot Creamy Garlic Pasta
Pin it to your DINNER BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentslessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
What Pasta To Use
The general rule of thumb is the heavier the sauce, the heavier the pasta! To pick the right kind of pasta for the sauce, follow these general rules.
- A tomato-based sauce like a marinara would be paired with penne, ziti, rotini, or a thick, spaghetti noodle.
- Lighter, creamier sauces like Alfredo, Garlic, or any other creamy pasta sauces call for angel hair (or capellini), thin linguine and or even egg noodles.
For this creamy garlic parmesan pasta, we recommend angel hair because the sauce is light and flavorful and when combined with the other ingredients, the sauce can flow evenly around the pasta and the veggies!
But when it comes to cooking, rules are made to be broken! So have fun with it and make whatever is on hand!
How to Make It
Who doesn’t love a good creamy pasta be it alfredo or even chicken stuffed shells! This Creamy Garlic Pasta is so simple to make and only requires one pot! Fewer dishes for the win, am I right?
- Cook garlic in butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until done. Lower the heat until the broth is cooked down and most of the broth has evaporated.
- Remove from heat, add remaining ingredients, stirring constantly until the cheese is fully melted.
Save some cheese for garnish when you serve this dish and don’t forget the fresh parsley! Not only is it visually pleasing, but it also adds to the flavor. The serve directly from the pot! How perfect is that?
Let your inner chef out to play when you ask yourself, “What Can I Add“?
- Vegetables: Any kind of vegetables like broccoli florets, mushrooms, chopped bell peppers, chopped kale or spinach are great add-ins.
- Meats: Try shrimp, scallops, sausage, shredded chicken or even tuna!
Why not make the basic recipe and then set steamed veggies or meat in small bowls so your guests can choose their own Creamy Pasta?
What to Serve with Creamy Pasta
As always, nothing goes better with pasta than bread, right? Hot cheesy breadsticks are perfect for sopping up the leftover sauce. A bright strawberry spinach salad with a tangy vinaigrette will serve as a palate cleanser from the creamy pasta sauce.
Other Delicious Creamy Recipes!
Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Casserole – Dinner in under an hour!
Creamy Tuscan Chicken – Tasty, creamy main dish!
Creamy Garlic Chicken Marsala – Cream and garlic!
Creamy One Pot Pasta recipe! – One Pot, need I say more?
Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Shells recipe – A family favorite
Tomato Cream Sauce Pasta with Grilled Chicken recipe – Easy Dinner!
One Pot Creamy Pasta
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 3 14.5 ounce cans chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream not to be confused with whipped topping for desserts
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- parsley chopped, for garnish
- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat.
- When butter is melted, add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Once chicken broth is boiling, add angel hair pasta.
- Cook pasta until done then lower heat and let simmer until most of the broth has evaporated.
- Turn heat off and add whipping cream and parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
Recipe inspired by The Cheese Pusher