In this Creamy Garlic Pasta recipe, a simple box of noodles is turned into a creamy and rich dish that the whole family will love.
This entrée is a no-fuss, no-muss, one-pot pasta entrée. Butter, whipping cream, parmesan, and garlic are all it takes to bring this pasta dish to life!
One Pot Creamy Garlic Pasta
PIN IT to your MAIN DISHES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best Creamy Pasta Dish
- A homemade white, creamy sauce is a superb and simple alternative to the standard marinara and meatball sauce that usually accompanies noodles.
- The best thing, about this recipe, is that it is quick to make and only requires one pot for both the noodles and the sauce.
- A white sauce is always so rich and creamy. All it needs is some heavy whipping cream and cheesy parmesan. Add a little sautéed garlic and a sprinkle of parsley on top to make this tasty dish come together.
- Serve it as a main dish with pizza dough breadsticks or turn it into a delicious base and add some shrimp from this shrimp boil foil packets recipe. However it is served, it is sure to be a hit, especially the leftovers!
Ingredients & Variations
PASTA Generally, the heavier the sauce, the heavier the pasta. For this recipe, the sauce is light and flavorful, and that is why thin and delicate angel hair pasta is chosen.
It is the best choice because it will allow the sauce to flow evenly around the pasta. Fettucine also works well with creamy sauces like this or in an alfredo.
SAUCE Chicken broth (homemade or store-bought), some grated parmesan cheese, and heavy whipping cream are the base of this sauce.
For the cream do not purchase the whipped topping for desserts. The cream called for this recipe is heavy whipping cream.
VARIATIONS Add a little crumbled bacon, shrimp, prawns, scallops, salmon, or cooked shredded chicken, to this recipe for added flavor.
Any kind of vegetables like broccoli florets, mushrooms, chopped bell peppers, chopped kale, or spinach are great add-ins. A teaspoon of lemon juice would also add a little zest to this dish.
How to Make Creamy Garlic Pasta
It is so easy to love a good pasta dish. This recipe is so simple to make and only requires one pot!
- Cook garlic in butter in a large pot.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook (per the recipe below).
- Remove from heat, add remaining ingredients, stirring constantly until the cheese is fully melted.
Serve with a slice of cheesy breadsticks or a piece of garlic bread to soak up every last drop of that creamy sauce!
Favorite Shortcut Tips
This dish is a relatively easy and quick one to make and does not require much time. To have it ready and warm to serve, simply make the noodles as per the directions in the recipe, then refrigerate.
When it is time to serve, heat up the noodles with a little extra broth or water (not too much liquid, but just enough so they don’t burn. Then add the cream, and the cheese. Serve.
Save some cheese for garnish and don’t forget the fresh parsley! Not only is this herb visually pleasing, but it also adds to the flavor. Serve directly from the pot!
Other Delicious Creamy Recipes!
- Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Casserole – Dinner in under an hour
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken – Tasty, creamy main dish!
- Creamy Garlic Chicken Marsala – made with cream and garlic
- Creamy One Pot Pasta recipe! – One-Pot, need I say more?
One Pot Creamy Garlic Pasta
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- When butter is melted, add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Once chicken broth is boiling, add angel hair pasta.
- Cook pasta until done then lower heat and let simmer until most of the broth has evaporated.
- Turn heat off and add whipping cream and parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.
REPIN this One Pot Creamy Garlic Pasta Recipe!
Recipe inspired by The Cheese Pusher