Tomato Salad Recipe
Pin it to your SALADS BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
Summer is the perfect time for dishes that are made with simple, seasonal ingredients that are fresh, tasty and nutritious! It really is the best time to make this cherry tomato salad which is chock full of ingredients that are from summer’s best picking!
What Are The Best Tomatoes For Salad?
While this recipe calls for cherry tomatoes, Roma or plum tomatoes will work equally well. They are all very flavorful, and quite sweet with a chewy flesh and low water content, making them the perfect candidates to use in this salad recipe.
When shopping at your local store or farmer’s market, look for tomatoes:
- that are fresh and ripe, yet not overly-ripe.
- which are fairly firm to touch, but with some give.
- with a smooth skin that has no bruises or cracks.
- that have a somewhat sweet smell to them.
How To Make Tomato Salad?
The only thing better than a delicious salad is a delicious salad that is super easy to make!
- Chop ingredients and transfer into a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season. Stir gently.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
How Long Will This Keep?
To store this cherry tomato salad, use an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. However, if it’s going to be sitting out at room temperature, keep it out of direct sunlight and for no more than 3 hours.
Tips And Substitutions
This cherry tomato salad is not only light and delicious, it is also quite versatile.
- Perfect as a side dish along with your favorite casserole or egg frittata, you can also enjoy this tomato salad as an entire meal! All you need is a slice of bread, pita, or some tortilla chips.
- Get creative and add other interesting ingredients to this tomato salad recipe like bell peppers, sliced mango, parsley, or even dill.
- If green onions are not available, feel free to use red or white onion instead.
- Avocado oil is a delicious substitute for olive oil.
- Incorporate your favorite seasonings, such as Italian seasoning, thyme, or other dry herbs. Minced garlic will give this dish a nice flavor and aroma, but if you are not a garlic fan, simply skip it altogether.
No matter what variations you make, be sure to use good quality, fresh ingredients for best results!
Other Fresh And Delicious Recipes To Try!
BLT Pasta Salad – with fresh tomatoes!
Cucumber Sandwiches – Perfect for summer gatherings.
Spinach & Tomato Chicken Pasta Salad – a delicious entree salad.
Shrimp Ceviche – for seafood lovers!
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad – deliciously different.
Tomato Salad Recipe
- Prepare all the ingredients, add them to a large bowl, and gently stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Serve or refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to settle.