Copycat Chick-fil-A Sandwich recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
I enjoy making a homemade sandwich for my family. I love the fact that I can control the ingredients and I can modify it to satisfy everyone’s tastes. This is just one of the many reasons why I love this Copycat Chick-fil-A recipe.
Copycat Chick-fil-A Sandwich
Pin it your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I like to use boneless chicken breast pieces however chicken strips are also a good option. Especially for small children where the chicken strips are just the right size for their smaller appetites.
This recipe is super easy and I love that the majority of it can be prepared ahead of time. The actual assembly can be so simple with a little organization and preparation.
- Prepare the chicken with the dill pickle marinade and refrigerate. I used to pound my chicken between two sheets of parchment paper, however it works so much better in a zippered bag where all the mess stays inside. Make sure to squeeze the air out first before gently pounding the chicken.
- Beat together the egg and milk in a small bowl and refrigerate.
- Combine the flour and spices and set aside.
- Once you are ready to cook and the oil is hot, it will take only minutes to dip, dredge and fry your chicken.
- I like to toast and butter my buns, however your can leave them if you like. Freshly baked buns are delicious either way!
If you like to spice things up a notch, try adding a bit of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the flour mixture. This will create a wonderfully spicy Chick-fil-A sandwich! Next time your family asks for chicken nuggets, give this recipe a try because they’ll absolutely go wild for nuggets made with this recipe!
If deep frying is not your thing, try coating your chicken with the spice mixture minus the flour and grill on the BBQ. The flavour will be amazing and this grilled chicken modification is a healthy alternative to the traditional Chick-fil-A Sandwich. Your can simply grill the breast and serve with your favourite pasta side dish like fettuccini alfredo or a potato salad. Either way, this versatile recipe can be modified to suit your taste and preference.
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/2 cup Dill Pickle Juice
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Celery Salt
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 1 cup Peanut Oil for frying
- 4 Buns buttered and toasted
- Pickle Slices!
- Put chicken in zippered bag and pound gently with the flat side of a mallet until about 1/2" thick.
- Cut each breast into 2 equal pieces.
- Marinate chicken in the pickle juice for about an hour.
- Beat together egg and milk in a bowl.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, and spices in another bowl.
- Heat the oil in a skillet to about 350.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg covering both sides, then coat in flour on each side.
- Fry each chicken piece for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Place on paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Then serve on toasted buns with pickle slices.
Whether you are a traditionalist or like to try something new, this Copycat Chick-fil-A recipe will be one to set aside in your arsenal of ‘go to’ recipes. So quick and easy, and every bite is filled with tender, juicy deep fried goodness.
More Recipes You’ll Love