This classic Rosemary Roasted Potatoes recipe is a simple yet flavorful side dish that goes with almost any meal.
In this recipe, a little rosemary is tossed with sweet and smooth potatoes, then coated in some olive oil. Roasted in the oven, these potatoes will be so lemony flavored, so crispy, and most definitely so hard to resist.
Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
PIN IT to your SIDES board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
- Potatoes and rosemary are a perfect match in the world of side dishes. Rosemary with its strong flavoring complements the humble and mild potato. A little oil helps the potatoes crisp and brown in the oven.
- It is such a simple dish with so few ingredients. It’s perfect as a side with Honey Lemon Chicken, Melt in Your Mouth Chicken, or Honey Garlic Roasted Pork Tenderloin. The sweetness of these dishes will pair nicely with the lemony flavoring of the potatoes.
Ingredients and Variations
POTATOES – Red, baby, or fingerling are the potatoes of choice for this recipe as they tend to be thin-skinned, smooth, and flavorful. New or fresh potatoes are so creamy with a hint of sweetness, give them a try
ROSEMARY – This herb is pungent with a mild lemon pine needle flavor. Before adding to the dish, rub the rosemary between your fingers. This will help to release some of its natural oil.
VARIATIONS – Sprinkle a little parmesan cheese, onion powder, crushed garlic, or replace the rosemary with thyme. Cut up some carrots and add these to the roasted potato.
How To Roast Baby Potatoes
These potatoes are a flavorful and easy side dish.
- Toss the potatoes with oil, herbs, and spices.
- Add to a baking sheet and bake (as per the recipe below).
Tips For Success
To make sure that the potatoes cook evenly, cut them to a uniform size. For large potatoes cut them into wedges.
To make ahead, cut the potatoes and store them in water until they are ready to use. The water keeps potatoes from turning brown.
What To Do With Leftover Roast Potatoes
Leftover roast potatoes can be added to frittatas like this Egg Frittata or this Spinach Frittata. They would be so flavorful added to potatoes salads like this Creamy Potato Salad. Or make a creamy soup Creamy Potato Soup. Or just reheat them on the stove in a pan with a little oil.
Other Easy Side Dishes
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes – super easy to make!
- Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes – flavorful and delicious.
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes – a 30 minute side dish.
- German Potato Salad Recipe – a different potato salad.
- Sautéed Mushroom Recipe – perfect with steak or on burgers.
Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- 1 pound baby potatoes cut in half
- 1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary , or ½ Tablespoon fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss potatoes with oil and seasonings in a bowl*. Spread potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 25- 27 minutes or until potatoes are tender and browned slightly.