Kid-friendly frozen fish sticks become crunchy Fish Stick Tacos with a tartar coleslaw that are easy to make, portable, and uses just a few ingredients!
All it takes to make these tacos are some frozen fish sticks, coleslaw, tartar sauce, and some soft warm tortillas for wrapping. This is a quick and easy wrap that is so delicious for kids of all ages!
Easy Fish Tacos!
- Meatless main dishes like fish tacos are healthy, affordable, and delicious!
- This recipe adaptation is scaled back to the basics but still delivers the best fish taco flavor with just a few ingredients. Add extra veggies to the coleslaw and the kids will never know!
- Fish stick tacos are a simple recipe that even the kids can help cook!
What’s in Fish Stick Tacos?
FISH STICKS: Brand doesn’t matter! Breaded or beer-battered fish sticks and filets will all work. Fish sticks are more kid-friendly but beer-battered filets are larger for a hearty, big kid-sized taco!
COLESLAW: Ready-made coleslaw makes this recipe extra quick by adding tartar sauce to it. Don’t hesitate to add any other taco seasonings and punch up the flavor!
TORTILLAS: Warm corn or flour tortillas for a few seconds in the microwave so they are pliable. 4” or 6” tortillas are the best size for smaller hands but any size will do!
TACO TOPPINGS: Make a BYO Taco Bar and set out bowls of shredded cheese, sliced olives, diced tomatoes, corn, jalapenos, hot sauce, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
How to Make Fish Stick Tacos
- Heat fish sticks according to package directions.
- Combine coleslaw with tartar sauce (as per the recipe below).
- Layer coleslaw, two fish sticks, tartar sauce and red onion in each tortilla.
Garnish and enjoy!
What Goes with Fish Stick Tacos?
Serve fish stick tacos with a side of cold crunchy salad, tomato salad, or a bowl of Texas caviar. Try a healthy side of fresh fruit kabobs, and some fruit salsa with cinnamon chips for a delicious meal.
Add a pitcher of lemonade for everyone to share and some adult lemonade for those big kids in the group!
- Quick Asian Chicken Salad – when it’s too hot to cook!
- Taco Ring Recipe – for dinner or easy appetizer.
- Easy Mandarin Chicken Salad Recipe – dinner in under 15 minutes.
- Fried Cabbage and Sausage – so flavorful.
- Crescent Roll Hot Dogs – a delicious treat for all ages
Fish Stick Tacos
- 8 fish sticks
- 4 corn tortillas
- ⅔ cup coleslaw
- ½ cup tartar sauce divided
- ¼ red onion diced
- cilantro and lime for garnish
- Cook the fish sticks according to the package directions.
- Mix the coleslaw with 2 tablespoons of the tartar sauce.
- Divide the dressed coleslaw on the bottom of each tortilla. Layer each with two fish sticks, tartar sauce, red onion. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
- Keep ingredients separate until just ready to assemble for best results.
- Use larger fish filets for a heartier appetite.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Fish Tacos Recipe!