Crescent Roll Hot Dogs are the ultimate in kid-friendly treats!
Add cheese and wrap ready-made crescent rolls around hot dogs and bake for a handy snack that makes every get-together into a party. Who doesn’t love these tasty little homemade snacks at a party or a gathering? Plus they are so quick and easy to put together!
Easy Crescent Dogs!
- Three ingredients and two steps make this recipe a keeper for those busy weeknights, last-minute play dates, or family movie nights!
- Make and take on the road for mess-free backseat snacks!
- Crescent roll hot dogs are even hearty enough to add to a grown-up game-day buffet with chips, dips, a veggie tray, and some beers!
Simple Ingredients and Variations
CRESCENT ROLLS: Refrigerated crescent rolls are pre-made and pre-scored so they easily come apart. Puff pastry can also be used, simply cut into triangles. Brush them with ketchup or mustard before baking or season the dough with garlic powder before assembling them.
HOT DOGS: Any dogs will do! Even polish sausages or bratwurst, as long as a crescent roll fits around them. Par-cooked bacon can be wrapped around hot dogs before rolling in the crescent roll dough.
VARIATION: Make mini crescent dogs using cocktail wieners! Simply cut crescent roll sections in half vertically from the middle of the widest end to the point.
How to Make Crescent Roll Hot Dogs
- Make a lengthwise slit in each hot dog and fill with 3 slices of cheese.
- Unroll crescent and place a hot dog on the long end.
- Roll up crescent dogs and place them seam side down on a prepared baking pan.
- Bake (per recipe below) until golden brown and the cheese is melted. Serve hot.
What To Serve with Crescent Dogs?
Serve crescent dogs with other snacks such as oven-baked potato wedges, or this delicious smashed potatoes recipe. Try them with bacon-wrapped brussels sprouts or some crispy air fryer tater tots. Offer a delicious honey mustard sauce or copycat taco bell quesadilla sauce to dip those tasty hot dog rolls into!
For a hearty meal, serve these ‘pigs-in-a-blanket’ with slow cooker baked beans and a classic macaroni pasta salad. Why not whip up a lime jello salad and some fun desserts like trail mix cookies, and monster magic cookie bars?
Keep leftover crescent roll hot dogs in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat them in the microwave or place them under the broiler to crisp them up on the outside.
Easy Crescent Roll Recipes!
- Cold Veggie Pizza – delicious!
- Crab & Cream Cheese Filled Crescent Rolls – creamy
- Pull-Apart Crescents with Spinach Artichoke Dip – 15 minute prep
- Crescent Roll Pizza – perfect after school snack
Crescent Roll Hot Dogs
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 4 slices American cheese cut into 6 slices
- Heat oven to 375˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut a lengthwise slit into each hot dog. Place three slices of cheese into the slit.
- Unroll crescents and wrap one triangle around each hot dog, placing them seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Make mini crescent dogs using cocktail wieners instead of hot dogs, and cut each crescent dough in half before wrapping.
- Add pre-cooked bacon to the hot dog before wrapping for a tasty variation!
- Refrigerate any leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat crescent dogs in the microwave or place under the broiler to crisp up.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.