Whip up this delish Asian Chicken Salad and serve it as a hearty main dish or a side salad at a picnic or on the buffet table!
Got last-minute company? Then this salad will be ideal! Lettuce and cabbage slaw are mixed with cooked chicken and sliced almonds and then tossed in a tangy peanut-ginger sesame dressing for an insta-worthy salad that you’ll get requests for again and again!
Asian Chicken Salad
PIN IT to your SALADS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Quick Asian Salad Recipe
- This Asian salad recipe is ready in minutes with ingredients that are pre-made, affordable, and quick to assemble!
- A few ingredients and only three steps make this Asian salad recipe a stunner on any table and for any occasion!
- Nutritious, healthy, and a low calorie, low-fat dish, Asian chicken salad has a uniquely delicious flavor that will impress your guests!
Ingredients & Variations
DRESSING: Pre-made ginger sesame dressing is punched up with the addition of peanut butter. Crunchy peanut butter is called for in the recipe, but creamy will work as well. And why not add a dash of sriracha for a little bit of heat?
GREENS BASE: Chopped romaine and firm, crunchy cabbage slaw is what makes this salad so filling and nutritious! Switch out the romaine for any combination of mixed greens, kale, or arugula.
TOPPINGS: Sliced green onions, sliced or chopped almonds, and chopped cilantro make this salad so flavorful. Baby corn, bean sprouts, drained mandarin oranges, and crispy chow mein noodles will add crunchy bulk to Asian chicken salad. PRO TIP: Toast sliced almonds (or cashews or peanuts) in a dry sauté pan to make them extra crunchy and intensify their flavors.
How to Make Asian Chicken Salad
- Whisk together dressing and peanut butter.
- Toss romaine with coleslaw mix, add chicken and dressing.
- Garnish with almonds, sliced green onions and cilantro.
PRO TIP: Garnish with a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds for extra flavor.
- Leftover Asian chicken salad makes a perfect sandwich or wrap. Serve it with a little extra peanut dressing or a dash of soy sauce and a bit of sriracha for some heat!
- Keep leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Drain the salad in a colander, add some fresh lettuce or coleslaw and it’s ready to serve again!
- Lettuce-based dishes don’t freeze well, so it’s best to serve this one fresh!
Other Delish Salads To Try!
- Easy Mandarin Chicken Salad Recipe – another asian inspired recipe.
- Easy Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad – so hearty and delicious.
- Cucumber Radish Salad – fresh and crisp.
- Cheeseburger Salad– delish as an entree salad.
Quick Asian Chicken Salad
- 4 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- ½ cup ginger sesame dressing
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons almonds toasted optional
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Whisk ginger dressing and peanut butter in a small bowl.
- Combine romaine and coleslaw mix in a large bowl. Add chicken and dressing. Toss well to combine.
- Top with green onions, cilantro and almonds to serve.
- Try adding Asian chicken salad to a sandwich or wrap.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 3 days.
- Freezing lettuce-based dishes is not recommended.
REPIN this Asian Chicken Salad Recipe!