Make beef and broccoli Crockpot style for a healthy 20-minute prepped meal the whole family will love!
Tender chunks of beef and broccoli florets are slow-cooked in a garlic ginger soy sauce that’s restaurant-worthy!
Make this easy dinner for a fraction of the price of eating out!
- Easy prep! Crockpot beef and broccoli is the perfect recipe to pop in the slow cooker while everyone’s unwinding from the day!
- Batch cooking fave! Slow-cooker beef and broccoli is easy to double up and freeze for future meals!
- Crowd pleaser! This is a great meal to make for get-togethers and kid sleepovers because the meat and veggies are in one pot and it’s got that take-out flavor! Serve from the Crockpot with a side of rice and some crab & cream cheese filled crescent rolls!
Ingredients and Variations
Beef – No need for pricey cuts here! The best beef is pre-cut stew meat pieces, flank steak, or eye of round. If you get a whole flank steak, be sure to cut across the grain. This breaks down the connective tissue and makes the meat super tender! If you’ve got leftover steak pieces, chicken breasts, or even meatballs, they can be used as well!
Broccoli – Remove any small leaves and chop off any discolored parts of the broccoli. Cut the pieces into small, bite-sized florets. Frozen broccoli doesn’t even have to be thawed, just toss it in!
Sauce – Add more or less brown sugar and chili flakes to suit your tastes. If time is short, use a ready-made bottle of teriyaki or sweet and sour sauce! Fresh ginger and garlic really give this dish its signature flavor so it’s worth using!
Variations – Switch out or add other healthy veggies like cauliflower, whole small mushrooms, zucchini, red or green bell peppers, or Brussels sprouts. Even a bag of frozen veggies will make this a new recipe every time!
How to Make Crockpot Beef and Broccoli
- Place all ingredients except cornstarch and broccoli in the slow cooker.
- Cook until beef is fork tender.
- Combine cornstarch with water and whisk into beef mixture.
- Add broccoli, cover, and cook until broccoli is tender and crisp.
Tips for Success
- Pop the meat in the freezer for 30-45 minutes for easier handling and slicing!
- Cut the meat and broccoli into bite-sized pieces so a little of both gets into every bit!
- Serve over white or brown rice, teriyaki noodles, or mashed potatoes. For a low-carb version, serve beef and broccoli alongside roasted cauliflower.
Prep the meat and broccoli in advance and keep refrigerated until ready to use. Tenderize the meat even more by marinating it in honey garlic sauce.
Have you tried this Crockpot Beef And Broccoli recipe? Leave a comment and rating below!
Crockpot Beef and Broccoli
- Add stewing beef, broth, onion, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili flakes, garlic and ginger in a slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low 8-9 hours or on high 3-4 hours or until beef is fork tender.
- Combine cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water and whisk into beef mixture. Add broccoli to the slow cooker and cover.
- Cook 20-30 minutes or until broccoli is tender crisp.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
- Freeze beef for 30-45 minutes to make slicing easier!
- Be sure meat and broccoli are bite sized for even cooking.
- Prep and refrigerate meat and broccoli ahead of time until read to use.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.