Crab and Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls are a super easy appetizer that is also kinda’ fancy at the same time. So elegant, so tasty, and oh, so simple that you can whip these up in less than 30 minutes from start to finish!
Similar in flavor to crab dip, this tender and flakey appetizer takes it up a notch wrapping the crab and cream cheese mixture inside a crescent roll. Serve them hot alongside your other favorite appetizers!
Crab and Cream Cheese Filled Crescent Rolls
Pin it to your APPETIZER BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
Unlike some crab filled appetizers that use wonton wrappers and are deep fried, these Crab and Cream Cheese Crescents use a more delicate crescent dough and are baked, giving you a more tender and flaky appetizer, rather than a crispy one.
How to Make Crab Stuffed Crescent Rolls
Also known as ‘crab rangoon’, making this creamy appetizer is a simple process. While the oven is preheating, start prepping your dough and mixing your filing, then pop in the oven to bake!
- Cut: Roll out the crescent rolls and pinch the pre-cut seams closed. Creating one large piece of dough and cut into 24 equal squares.
- Combine: In a bowl, mix the filling and evenly portion on each square. Twist opposite edges together and pinch each Rangoon closed.
- Cook: Place on a greased cookie sheet and until golden brown.
Garnish with fresh green onions and serve with hoisin sauce, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce or sriracha for dipping!
If making in advance, keep the filling chilled until you are ready to assemble. If you cooking them in advance, allow to cool, mist with cold water and reheat in a toaster oven or microwave and they will look and taste freshly made!
What Should I Serve These With?
Anything and all things Asian-fusion inspired! Chinese Shrimp Toast, Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe, Shrimp Dip, even crunchy fortune cookies make an awesome display of appetizers to pass around or help yourself to!
How Long Do They Last? I think you mean will they last! But don’t worry if they haven’t been gobbled up right away, cream cheese and crab stuffed crescent rolls will keep in the fridge for another day or two. Eventually, they’ll soften up. Just reheat in the microwave or a toaster oven to crisp them up a bit!
Tips For Perfect Crab Filled Crescent Rolls
- For a lighter version, substitute low-fat cream cheese and mayonnaise in the filling.
- Lightly flour the rolling pin to avoid the dough from sticking.
- Do not over stuff each crescent roll.
Other Great Party Dishes
- Buffalo Sausage Dip – so easy to make!
- Bacon Cream Cheese Biscuits – ready in 15 mins!
- Grilled Corn Guacamole – takes guacamole to the next level
- Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots – only 5 simple ingredients!
- Creamy BLT Dip Recipe – kid approved
Crab and Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup crab meat cooked, imitation is fine
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Lay the crescent roll dough out on the counter and pinch the pre-cut seams closed.
- Roll out the dough into an even rectangle and cut into 24 smaller squares.
- Add the cream cheese, mayo, crab meat, green onions, cayenne pepper and salt to a bowl and mix well.
- Distribute the cheese and crab mixture evenly between the crescent roll squares.
- Overlap opposite corners of the crescent roll squares over the cheese and crab mixture and pinch closed.
- Place them on a cookie sheet or baking stone and bake at 375°F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.