Crab & Cheese Filled Crescent Rolls recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy recipe highlights one of the best flavor combinations on Earth! These crab and cream cheese crescents combine a creamy crab filling with a rich and flaky dough for the sole purpose of making you smile with pure satisfaction! They make the perfect appetizer and are easy enough for a special after-school snack.
Pin it your APPETIZER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
You may be familiar with similar appetizers, especially crab rangoon and crab wontons, which combine similar ingredients into wonton skins and are deep fried. Crab and cream cheese crescents use a more delicate crescent dough and are baked, giving you a more tender and flaky appetizer, rather than a crispy one.
There are three features about this recipe that make it a real keeper! First, you can make the crab mixture up to 24 hours ahead of time, which is one reason to consider it as a once in a while after-school snack. Second, you can be very creative with adding various seasonings to the crab mixture. Several seasonings go well with crabmeat, including the very different flavors of allspice, oregano, and even curry powder. Start with a small amount (about ¼ teaspoon) of one additional spice and season to taste. Lastly, crab and cream cheese crescents reheat well — just place them on a cookie sheet or pie pan, cover with foil and put them in a hot 325°oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Here are a few extra recipe tips:
- You can substitute low-fat cream cheese and low-fat mayo in this recipe.
- You may want to lightly flour your rolling pin before rolling the crescent dough, just to prevent any sticking.
- This recipe makes enough for 24 rolls, so avoid over stuffing each crescent roll square.
These Crab and Cream Cheese Crescents combine a creamy crab filling with a rich and flaky dough! They make the perfect appetizer and are easy enough for a special after-school snack.
- 1 can Crescent Rolls
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Crab meat cooked, imitation is fine
- 2 Green Onions chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
Lay the crescent roll dough out on the counter and pinch the pre-cut seams closed.
- Roll out the dough into an even rectangle and cut into 24 smaller squares.
- Add the cream cheese, mayo, crab meat, green onions, cayenne pepper and salt to a bowl and mix well.
Distribute the cheese and crab mixture evenly between the crescent roll squares.
- Overlap opposite corners of the crescent roll squares over the cheese and crab mixture and pinch closed.
- Place them on a cookie sheet or baking stone and bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Once you have made these crab and cream cheese crescents, you will find that they make a perfect appetizer for both formal and informal gatherings. Their wonderful flavor and texture is hard to turn down, so your only challenge may be making enough!
More Recipes You’ll Love!