Low carb and keto Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast fillets are a cinch to make!
Chicken breasts are the ultimate protein for so many recipes. The air fryer makes chicken that is super crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside! Cooking frozen chicken breast in the air fryer saves time, clean up, and calories!
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast
PIN IT to your MAIN COURSE board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Cooking Frozen Chicken Breast
We love how the air fryer reduces cook time, especially for frozen foods! This recipe is ideal for a last-minute meal or if you are meal prepping for the week! The mild seasoning complements the flavor of the chicken so you have a protein that is ready even at the last minute! Anytime you want to add some chicken to a salad, a soup, or a pasta dish, the air fryer goes from frozen to fried in mere minutes! Make a batch or two on meal prep day and slice to top a salad, or make a sandwich. Or tuck some shredded chicken into a wrap for an energizing workday lunch!
How To Cook Frozen Chicken Breast
It’s super easy to cook chicken from frozen, no defrosting time required.
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Brush frozen chicken with oil and seasoning mixture.
- Air fry in a single layer per recipe below.
PRO TIP: Leftover bacon grease makes an economical oil that will add extra flavor to chicken breasts! Simply melt it before using.
What To Serve With Chicken Breast
Chicken breasts can be served as an entrée or as an ingredient in other recipes. Chicken pot pie, creamy chicken, or ranch macaroni salad are just a few favorite recipes where air-fried chicken breasts would be perfect! Or simply slice and top this popular spinach and strawberry salad.
Time Saving Tips
- Always preheat the air fryer before adding anything to the basket. The hot air immediately starts to cook the outside of food, making it crisp and sealing in moisture.
- Keep cooked chicken breasts in the refrigerator in an airtight container and they will stay good for about 5 days. Reheat chicken breasts in the air fryer to crisp them up again.
- Here’s our favorite time-saving salad dressing to coat chicken breasts in before air frying! Give it a try when you’re pressed for time and use it as a dressing, or mix into sour cream for a tangy dip with veggies. Or add a splash or two to a veggie stir fry! Keep dressing in a cruet or mason jar and shake vigorously before using.
Other Easy Chicken Recipes To Try!
- Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice – set it and forget it!
- Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken – easy oven recipe.
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken – ready in under an hour.
- Creamy Garlic Chicken Marsala – full of flavor.
- Salsa Chicken Bake – only 4 ingredients!
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breasts
- 2 frozen chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F.
- Combine oil and seasonings in a small bowl and brush onto the chicken breasts.
- Place in the air fryer basket spacing them apart.
- Cook for 20-23 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breasts Recipe!