This three ingredient Crock Pot Jelly Meatballs recipe makes the ultimate cocktail meatball appetizer!
Who hasn’t grown up with an old-school ‘meatballs with grape jelly’ recipe handed down to them? Everyone enjoys this classic dish, and it’s so easy to make. Slow cooker meatballs are made with a sweet and spicy glaze that clings to each juicy and delicious bite. Bet you can’t eat just one!
Crock Pot Jelly Meatballs
PIN IT to your APPETIZERS board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Our Favorite Appetizer
- The secret to this easy shortcut is three simple ingredients; cooked, frozen meatballs, grape jelly, and chili sauce (or ketchup).
- No need to cook the sauce before adding! Just set it and forget it in the slow cooker.
- These meatballs are so easy to serve straight from the slow cooker using a simple toothpick.
- Crockpot cocktail meatballs are perfectly portable! Parties, picnics, barbecues, and game nights are all perfect reasons to serve this classic appetizer.
3 Ingredient Recipe!
MEATBALLS: Pre-cooked meatballs save the day, but homemade are also delicious and will work. Choose beef, chicken, turkey, and even plant-based meat alternative meatballs for this recipe, all will work perfectly.
SAUCE: Grape jelly and chili sauce make a delicious combination of sweet and zesty! For a sweet and sour flavor, use half chili sauce and half teriyaki sauce. Or kick up the heat and add a dash or two of sambal to the sauce.
How to Make Crock Pot Cocktail Meatballs
Cocktail meatballs are as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Mix grape jelly and chili sauce together (per recipe below).
- Pour mixture over meatballs in a Crockpot.
- Cook until meatballs are heated through.
Recipe Tips & Time Savers
Adjust the cook time based on different sized meatballs. Smaller meatballs will take less time to heat through than larger ones. And if the sauce gets too thick, thin it out with a tiny bit of water or ketchup.
While this homemade appetizer is best served straight from the Crockpot using a toothpick, there are other options. If the host would like to serve more meatballs at once, thread them on larger picks and lean upright in the Crockpot to keep warm.
Keep leftover Crockpot cocktail meatballs in a covered container in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Meatballs can be reheated on the stovetop or in the microwave. Freeze these tasty little bite sized morsels in zippered bags for up to 3 months.
Other Shortcut Appetizer Recipes!
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls – ready in less than 25 min
- Buffalo Chicken Ring – with pre-made crescent rolls
- Parmesan Ranch Cheese Ball – easy 15 minute prep
- Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots– a simple and delish appetizer
- Easy BBQ Meatballs – just 3 ingredients!
Crock Pot Jelly Meatballs
- 2 pounds frozen cooked meatballs
- 1 ½ cups chili sauce or ketchup
- ¾ cup grape jelly
- Stir chili sauce and grape jelly together.
- Place meatballs in the crockpot and pour sauce over top.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meatballs are heated through.
- Adjust cook time based on the size of the meatballs.
- Thin sauce with a bit of ketchup or water.
- Thread meatballs onto larger picks for easier serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a covered container for up to 5 days. Freeze meatballs in zippered bags for up to 3 months.
- Reheat meatballs on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Crock Pot Jelly Meatballs recipe!