Air fryer meatballs are easy to make and ready in minutes!
Meatballs in the air fryer always come out tender, juicy, and full of flavor.
This recipe has the perfect blend of seasoned meat, breadcrumbs, and cheese and they’ve got the perfect flavor for all kinds of culinary masterpieces!
Easy Air Fryer Meatballs!
- If you are new to air fryer cooking, whether you have a Ninja, NuWave, or Corsori air fryer, meatballs are a perfect starter recipe because they are practically foolproof!
- The air fryer makes meatballs for spaghetti almost faster than it takes to cook the noodles!
- With a little prep time, air fryer meatballs can be made in batches and frozen for up to a month and they don’t take long to reheat from frozen in the air fryer, too!
- Make air fryer meatballs for appetizers, sandwiches, soups, stews, and of course, your favorite pasta dishes! Add them to sliders, subs, or an appetizer platter.
Ingredients and Variations
Ground Meat – The combination of beef and pork ensures juicy and tender meatballs every time. Ground chicken and turkey can be switched out for the beef, but keep the pork (or use Italian sausage!) in for the extra fat and flavor.
Seasonings – Use your fave Italian seasoning blend or if you’re making meatball appetizers, try a taco, chili, Cajun, or even a ranch dressing seasoning mix.
Breadcrumbs – Breadcrumbs, Panko, or keto-friendly crushed pork rinds can be used.
Cheese – Parmesan cheese helps to melt everything together and adds a tangy flavor to meatballs.
How to Cook Air Fryer Meatballs
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and shape the mixture into 1” meatballs (don’t pack them or they will be tough).
- Cook in a pre-heated air fryer about as per recipe below or until a meat thermometer reads 145°F.
- Let the meatballs rest for about 5 minutes before using them.
- Keep leftover meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
- Reheat meatballs in the air fryer or microwave until they are heated through. They can also be reheated from frozen in the air fryer for a quick snack or to add to a recipe.
Easy Air Fryer Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- Spray air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and mix until just combined.
- Shape mixture into 1 inch balls and place in air fryer basket. Set air fryer to 400˚F for 14 minutes. It will take a few minutes to heat up.
- Once fully heated, add meatballs to the air fryer. Cook for the set time, or until the meatballs reach an internal temperature of 145°F using an instant-read thermometer.
- To store cooked and cooled meatballs, place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days and in the freezer for 1 month.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.