Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup Crockpot recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Like this recipe? “Pin it” to save it by clicking the photo above!!
I have a secret, I don’t love sausage very much. I mean, I’ll eat it, but I don’t normally love it. Most dishes with sausage in them I can take them or leave them, but I am normally not very excited about them. This recipe however, is a total game changer for me! I made it kind of out of desperation because I didn’t want to cook and I had sausage that needed to be used up yet I didn’t want to slave over the stove in 110+ degree weather. Arizona summers aren’t fun, just in case you were wondering 😉
I grabbed whatever ingredients I had on hand and threw them into the crockpot just kind of hoping it turned out well and decided peantbutter and jelly was going to be the plan b. Well I am so very happy to say, this recipe is AMAZING! I’m not even kidding, I could have eaten the whole thing all by myself! This dish is crazy delicious and it’s also super easy to make!!
Now, if you are the type of person that doesn’t prefer chunks of tomatoes in your food (like my hubby), feel free to puree the tomatoes in the blender and then add them in that way!
I am so very happy to say, this recipe is AMAZING!
- 1 pound sausage you can use any type but I chose spicy italian sausage because I like a little spice, cooked and crumbled
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 20 ounce bag frozen tortellini you can also use fresh if you prefer
- 8 ounce cream cheese softened and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cans diced tomatoes I used the italian seasoned kind, do not drain
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt this is optional but I can't seem to live without garlic salt
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- Once you have cooked your sausage, toss that into the crockpot.
- Add chicken broth, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, both cans of tomatoes (juice and all), italian seasoning and the garlic salt if you choose.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours.
- About 30 minutes before you are ready to serve, add the tortellini and heavy whipping cream.
- Stir well.
- Once the tortellini rise to the surface of the soup it's ready to serve!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)