Chase away the chills and make this hearty and heartwarming Crockpot chicken noodle soup.
Chicken breasts and savory vegetables are simmered in a lightly seasoned broth that’s perfect for those under the weather! Once you see how easy and delicious this slow cooker chicken noodle soup recipe is, you’ll want to make it all year long!
Warm and Comforting Soup
- Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is so easy to make! Just toss in the ingredients, add the egg noodles and enjoy!
- Make this healthy and restorative Crockpot chicken noodle soup recipe and serve it with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and some saltine crackers. Kids love its mild flavor and the soothing broth is perfect for upset tummies or sore throats!
- Chicken noodle soup tastes even better the next day as the flavors continue to blend! Enjoy it as a light lunch with a crisp cucumber radish salad, and some soft and warm breadsticks.
Ingredients and Variations
Chicken – This is a great recipe for using up leftover chicken or fresh rotisserie chicken. Mini-frozen meatballs or slices of summer sausage can also be added to the soup.
Vegetables – Carrots, onion, and celery provide color and crunch and are easy to digest. Bulk up the chicken soup a little more and toss in a bag of frozen veggies like peas, green beans, or diced potatoes.
Noodles – Egg noodles are the perfect shape and size so a few noodles are in every spoonful! White or brown rice or other small pasta shapes like orzo and macaroni shells are also excellent switches for egg noodles.
Extras – Add a whisked egg for some extra protein or stir in a can of cream of chicken soup to make a creamy version.
How to Make Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and cover and cook on low.
- Remove the bay leaf, shred the chicken and add the egg noodles.
- Cook until the noodles are tender and serve.
- Low and slow is the best way to cook chicken noodle soup so that all the flavors can blend together.
- Add a parmesan cheese rind to the soup for a tangy flavor and creamy consistency. Remove the rind before serving.
- Cook the egg noodles on the side and add them to individual portions. This keeps them firm and flavorful in leftovers.
Keep leftover Crock Pot chicken noodle soup in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave. Freeze portions in zippered bags for up to 3 months and reheat in a Crock Pot from frozen or on the stovetop.
Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Add all items except egg noodles into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove bay leaf, shred chicken, and add egg noodles.
- Cook on low for 45 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Egg noodles can be cooked on the side and added to each serving of soup to prevent noodles from becoming mushy when reheated.
- Add the rind from parmesan cheese while cooking for a tangy flavor and creamy consistency. Remove the rind before serving.
- Refrigerate leftover soup in a covered container for up to 4 days. Freeze portions for up to 3 months.
- Reheat again in a slow cooker, on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.