Oven Baked Grilled Cheese
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
For a fun, easy new take on the traditional grilled cheese sandwich, try this recipe for Oven Baked Grilled Cheese!
Bacon Grilled Cheese is perfect for a crowd or a fun night at home with the family! Make it in a sheet pan, pop it in the oven, and get the party started! Bacon grilled cheese will be your new busy night go-to without busting the budget!
Oven Baked Grilled Cheese
PIN IT your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentslessMeals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Bacon Grilled Cheese
This recipe is a new twist on a classic favorite! Baked grilled cheese saves time and labor in the kitchen and like most casserole recipes, it’s budget friendly! It’s also a great starter recipe for the younger cooks at home. It will be a family favorite all year-round.
Grilled Cheese Ideas
Pre-made pizza dough, lots of creamy, melty cheese, and bacon make up the basics for bacon grilled cheese. However there are tons of yummy mix-ins to up level baked grilled cheese even more!
- Try some of these ideas on for size: pepperoni, olives, sliced mushrooms, crumbled ground beef, thinly sliced tomatoes, or jalapeños.
- Or get creative and make sliders with shredded pork or beef, marinara, and mozzarella!
- Try ham and Havarti or gouda, and sliced pears or apples for an elegant take on grilled cheese.
How To Make Grilled Cheese In The Oven
This delicious grilled cheese comes out tasting like a giant homemade stuffed and baked sandwich, and it’s super easy to create!
- Roll out pizza dough.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on one half of dough. Add bacon bits and squares of processed cheese.
- Fold one half over the ingredients and pinch the edges to seal.
- Brush with the butter mixture.
- Bake until golden brown per recipe below. Allow to rest before cutting and serving.
What Goes With Grilled Cheese?
Grilled cheese and tomato soup are perfect partners anytime! For a fun dinner, serve them with slow cooker baked beans and fruit kabobs. Don’t forget to offer some dipping sauces like creamy bacon dip, or onion dip. Even a simple bowl of salsa, ketchup, or sour cream will work, too!
How To Store And Reheat
Baked grilled cheese will hold up well in the refrigerator wrapped in plastic wrap for about 3 days. The best way to reheat them is in a toaster oven or under the broiler for about 3 minutes before serving.
Other Easy Recipes To Try!
- Pizza Dough Breadsticks – a quick side!
- Pull-Apart Crescents with Spinach Artichoke Dip – perfect for entertaining.
- Pulled Pork Pizza – a complete meal.
- Crescent Roll Pizza – easy homemade pizza.
- Bacon Cream Cheese Biscuits – so creamy!
Bacon grilled cheese sandwiches are an easy dinner that will please any hungry crowd. Skip the fast food and make these fun sliders right at home!
- 1 roll pizza dough such as Pillsbury
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup bacon bits
- 4 slices processed cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon parsley dried or fresh
Grease a baking sheet or spray with non stick cooking spray.
Roll the pizza dough out with a rolling pin until the dough measures 16x11 inches.
Add shredded cheese to one half of the pizza dough. Top with bacon bits and cheese slices.
Fold the empty side of the dough over the half with the cheese and stretch the sides to fit.
Using your fingers, press edges of dough together to make sure no cheese escapes
Combine melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley. Evenly brush the top of the dough with the mixture.
Bake at 375˚F for 18-20 minutes, or until golden. Cool 5 minutes.
Cut with pizza cutter into squares and serve
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Recipe inspired by Mrs Happy Homemaker