Once you’ve tried this easy recipe for monkey bread, you’ll want to make it all the time!
Just roll biscuit dough in a cinnamon brown sugar mixture and bake! Perfect for weekends and morning-after-slumber parties!
Using only 6 ingredients, including store bought biscuit dough, this easy monkey bread recipe is just the thing for a quick and delicious breakfast!
Easy Pull Apart Treat!
- This quick prep recipe uses biscuit dough instead of yeast dough from scratch which means Monkey bread is ready in minutes with minimal cleanup!
- This easy Monkey bread recipe is perfect for teaching baking skills to little bakers with only a few ingredients and steps ending in a sweet and tasty result!
- Use a bundt cake pan to create a tall and impressive-looking Monkey bread, or use a casserole dish and serve monkey bread as a dessert with ice cream or whipped cream!
Monkey Bread Ingredients
Biscuit Dough: Pillsbury makes a full line of biscuits from regular-sized to Jumbo but you don’t need to buy the premium brand. Cinnamon rolls can be used instead of regular biscuits and then you can reduce the amount of cinnamon sugar mixture.
Nuts: Omit nuts altogether or use pecans, almonds, macadamia nuts, or even toasted coconut in Monkey bread. For a nut-free version but lots of crunch, sprinkle homemade banana granola in with the biscuits.
Add a cup of freshly chopped apples and some homemade apple pie spice. For the holiday season, sprinkle in some pumpkin pie spice. Any variety of dried chopped fruit like cranberries, cherries, or blueberries adds pops of flavor and color. Cubes of dough can also be wrapped around a few chocolate chips, caramels, or small blocks of cream cheese
How to Make Monkey Bread
- Mix brown sugar and melted butter in a bowl and set aside.
- Toss biscuit pieces in cinnamon sugar (per the recipe below).
- Arrange the sugared biscuits and walnuts (optional) in a prepared pan.
- Drizzle brown sugar mix over the top and bake until golden brown.
- Keep leftover monkey bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Fully cooled Monkey bread can be frozen whole or in portions with plastic wrap and aluminum foil for up to 3 months! Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Reheat in the microwave at 30-second intervals.
Easy Monkey Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a bundt pan or spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl stir together brown sugar and melted butter until well combined. Set aside.
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl. Cut biscuits into quarters, add to sugar mixture, and toss to coat. Shake off any excess sugar.
- Layer the sugared biscuits and walnuts in the prepared bundt pan. Drizzle the brown sugar mixture evenly over the top.
- Bake for 33-37 minutes or until golden and no longer doughy in the center. Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes. Loosen edges with a spatula and invert onto a serving platter. Serve warm.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Or freeze cooled monkey bread whole or in individual portions in a zippered bag, or wrapped in plastic and then foil, for up to 3 months.
- Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Reheat in the microwave in 30-second intervals.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.