Ready in minutes, this cinnamon roll French toast casserole is what everyone wants to wake up to!
This cinnamon roll breakfast casserole is holiday perfect yet easy enough for every day! It’s sweet and aromatic, light and fluffy, and is sure to become a family favorite!
- This tasty bake needs just a few quick-to-find ingredients and a casserole dish!
- The secret to this cinnamon roll breakfast casserole is the use of refrigerated cinnamon rolls! No fancy bread to find or slice! Just open the can, cut, and layer! Even the icing is ready-made. Easy peasy!
- Breakfast casseroles are perfect to make ahead and take to a weekend brunch or drop off at a friend or neighbor’s house!
Ingredients and Variations
Cinnamon Rolls – Pillsbury may be the most familiar name brand, but any brand will do, even plain biscuits will work in this recipe. Don’t worry too much about the size of the rolls since they will be cut into smaller pieces anyway.
Batter – Use fresh, large eggs for the fluffiest results. Or use two whole eggs and one egg yolk for a more rich, dense custard-like batter.
Cinnabon Creamer – This dreamy creamer isn’t always easy to find, so feel free to use any vanilla or cinnamon-flavored creamer. Or simply add in some extra cinnamon or pumpkin pie spices to regular cream.
Nuts – Pecans, walnuts, or even macadamia nuts are delish in this dish!
French Toast is So Extra!
Make a unique cinnamon roll French toast casserole every time by mixing in fresh or frozen berries, apples, or bananas. Or stir some orange zest or another flavor extract into the batter (try banana, orange, or even rum).
How to Make Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- Spread melted butter in the bottom of a casserole dish and top with cut pieces of the cinnamon roll.
- Pour prepared egg batter over the pieces and sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake until the top is golden brown. Cool before icing and serving.
Tips For Success
Prep the casserole and the batter ahead of time and combine them right before baking. Line the casserole dish with foil for easy cleanup.
Serve this cinnamon roll breakfast casserole warm with maple syrup and whipped cream. Or drizzle a little caramel sauce on each serving with a scoop of ice cream and turn it into a decadent dessert! Delicious with fresh fruit kabobs, chocolate covered strawberries and a hot cup of coffee or peppermint mocha latte for a special treat.
- Keep leftover Cinnamon Roll French toast in a covered container in the refrigerator for about 3 days.
- Easily reheat it in the microwave for an individual serving or place the entire dish under the broiler for about 5 minutes.
- Freeze a baked casserole once it’s fully cooled by cutting it into portions and wrapping them in plastic wrap and then placing them in freezer bags for up to 8 weeks. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and heat as directed above.
Other Breakfast Recipes To Try!
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- 2 cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- ½ cup Cinnabon coffee creamer
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick of butter (or ½ cup butter)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Melt butter and pour it into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into four pieces and add to the melted butter in the baking dish. (set frosting aside for later)
- In medium mixing bowl, beat eggs until blended. Add creamer, vanilla, and cinnamon. Blend and pour over cinnamon rolls. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until baked through. Allow to cool 15 minutes, then top with frosting and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
REPIN this Cinnamon French Toast Casserole recipe!
This recipe was adapted from Oh My Sugar High
I am trying this with leftover loaf of Pannetone bread, torn up. I had to increase the liquid mixture, doubling it. Bread already has raisins and cinnamon plus cardamom so I used vanilla creamer. Fingers crossed it works.
How much is a stick of butter?
Is it from a 1 pound package of butter that has 4 wrapped sections of 1/4 pound in each?
Looks so good I plan to try it for my family.I have wheat allergies.
Looks yummy. I have to be careful with how sweet it is.
How would this taste without the pecans? I’m not a fan of nuts.
That looks yummy! I have to make this before my next Zumba class! LOL