This Peanut Butter Breakfast Bar Recipe is loaded with satisfying ingredients that energize!
Busy mornings? Hungry kids after school or after the game? This breakfast bar recipe is all the things! Few cereal bar recipes can hold up to this one. Packed with protein, energizing, healthy, and delicious, no one can say no to these no-bake peanut butter breakfast bars!
Peanut Butter Breakfast Bar Recipe
PIN IT to your BREAKFAST board to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Why We Love This Cereal Bar Recipe
- A homemade recipe made with just 4 ingredients and 3 steps!
- Such an easy recipe to make, even the kids can help out! It’s a great cereal bar recipe for new little chefs!
- So many ideas for mix-ins, you can make different batches every time! Crumble up pieces for ice cream or a yogurt topping! Serve with a green smoothie and some fresh fruit kabobs for a tasty treat
Breakfast Bar Ideas
THE BASE: Peanut butter, corn syrup, and white sugar make the base that holds everything together. Crunchy peanut butter, or almond butter, or nut-free sunflower butter are good substitutions. Experiment with the amounts of sugar or use a granular sugar substitute, if desired.
THE CEREAL: Grape nuts keep the breakfast bars extra crunchy but any kind of granola cereal will do! For an extra special bar with a firmer base, add steel-cut oatmeal and some flax seeds or chia seeds. Made without oats, they’ll be thinner.
MIX-INS: So many delicious things to add to peanut butter breakfast bars! Dried fruit, toasted coconut, mini chocolate chips, and chopped nuts can all be added.
How To Make Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars
This is the best part! Three steps and they’re done!
- In a microwave-safe bowl, mix the first three ingredients.
- Heat until the mixture is boiling, stirring every minute.
- Add cereal, mix, and press into prepared pan (per recipe below).
Cool completely before cutting into squares or bars.
Tips For Success!
- If adding coconut flakes or nuts, toast them in a small, dry pan until they are lightly browned and fragrant. This keeps them super crunchy in the bars and intensifies their flavor.
- Keep peanut butter breakfast bars in a sealed container at room temperature. Add a slice of bread to absorb extra moisture and to keep the bars from getting too soft.
Make a batch or two in advance. Once they are completely cooled, cut and wrap them separately and freeze them in a zippered bag. Pop one or two out and they’ll be thawed by lunchtime!
These are super tasty and are GREAT for mornings when you have to eat breakfast on the run!! Even my pickiest kids will eat these!!
- Easy Breakfast Tacos – a hearty start to your day.
- Egg Muffins – quick grab and go breakfast!
- Air Fryer Frozen Burrito – simple and easy.
- Homemade Blueberry Muffins – a classic!
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread – delicious.
Peanut Butter Breakfast Bar Recipe
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups grape nuts cereal
- Prepare a 13x9" pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix the first 3 ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until boiling, stirring at 1 minute intervals.
- Add cereal and mix well. Press cereal mixture into prepared pan.
- Allow to cool completely. Cut into bars and wrap each with plastic wrap to keep fresh.
- Store in tightly covered container at room temp.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.