Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread is a sweet and simple quick bread.
There is so much to love about quick bread like this one. Not only do they remind us of simpler times, but of impromptu visits with friends and family. This particular quick bread is bright, cheery, sweet, and of course quick to make. This tasty bread is also perfect for serving at breakfast or with an afternoon tea.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread
PIN IT to your BREAKFAST board to SAVE it for later!
Follow The Shortcut Kitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Best Breakfast Bread
- What is a quick bread? It is a bread that is leavened or rises without yeast. This recipe uses baking powder and eggs which act as the leavening agents. Quick bread is generally fail-safe, easy, and in a word – quick.
- This recipe contains so many wholesome ingredients! Fresh strawberries, buttermilk, butter, and cream cheese are the main ingredients. This bread is meant as a decadent treat, delicious and moist.
- During the summer, when strawberries are at their peak, is the perfect time to make this recipe. It is such a great way to enjoy those extra strawberries in the fridge and has a similar flavor to cream cheese strawberry pudding bread.
- The best part about this recipe is that it freezes so well! It can be sliced up and enjoyed fresh out of the oven. Any leftovers can be placed in the freezer to enjoy later. This cake is never dry because of the buttermilk along with the cream cheese, so perfect!
Ingredients & Variations
STRAWBERRIES Of course fresh strawberries are the best for this recipe. However, frozen strawberries are a good substitute. If using frozen strawberries, the batter may take on a shade of pink because the color will run into the batter.
BUTTERMILK Buttermilk in baking helps to ensure that the end product is moist and fluffy. It will also give the baked goods a slightly tangy flavor. No buttermilk? No problem. Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar to 1 cup of milk and let stand for a few minutes to make your own!
VARIATIONS Other fruits that are in season can be easily substituted into this recipe. Blueberries and rhubarb are favorites! Or combine fruit flavors like strawberry banana or strawberry rhubarb. The sky’s the limit! Make a glaze of icing sugar and milk and drizzle it over the bread.
How to Make Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread
Let this quick bread rise quickly for the occasion!
- Mix wet ingredients in one bowl and dry ingredients in another.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients together.
- Add in the buttermilk, fold in strawberries, and pour into the baking pan.
- Bake as per the recipe below.
Serve fresh out of the oven with a pat of butter or let cool and enjoy all week long!
Quick Bread Tips for Success
- Combine wet & dry just until mixed. The batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Do not overmix, this will cause dense chewy bread.
- Use the correct sized pan or the cooking time will vary.
- Grease the bottom of the pan and only ½” up the sides for best results
- Ovens can vary. Test for doneness using a toothpick about 15 minutes before the recipe says it should be done.
Best Quick Bread Recipes
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread – Perfect for breakfast
- Best Zucchini Bread – So moist!
- Jalapeno Cornbread – Fun and spicy
- Ice Cream Bread – just 2 ingredients!
- Cinnamon Apple Bread – A classic
- Apple Banana Bread – A reader favorite!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl cream butter, sugar, and cream cheese. Beat until fluffy.
- Slowly add in eggs one at a time, beating well then mix in vanilla.
- In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, blend together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Slowly mix together flour mixture and cream cheese mixture, just until combined.
- Add in buttermilk and stir just until combined.
- Gently fold in strawberries and pour the mixed batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from pan and slicing.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.