Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Do you remember when you were small and folks dropped over for coffee uninvited, but were always welcome? There was always some sort of cake or bread on hand that could be quickly pulled out and served for these impromptu occasions. Today, we never go anywhere without an invitation and we panic if someone pops over for fear they may find a layer of dust in our home. I think this is one of the reasons I love this Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread Recipe. It reminds me of a simpler time when we did not sweat the small stuff, when we took time to visit and really get to know our neighbors.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread Recipe
PIN this recipe to your BREADS BOARD to save it for later!!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest!
What is a quick bread? It is a bread that is leavened or rises without yeast. This recipe uses baking powder and eggs which act as the leavening agents. Quick breads are generally fail safe, easy and in a word – quick.
This recipe contains so many wholesome ingredients! Fresh strawberries, buttermilk, butter and cream cheese are the main players, and none are low in fat! Sure, you can purchase low fat versions of all of these things but who are we kidding? This bread is meant as a decadent treat, delicious and moist. Who doesn’t need that once in awhile?
During the summer, when strawberries are at their peak is when I love to make this recipe. It is such a great way to enjoy those extra strawberries in your fridge. You can use frozen strawberries however your bread will take on a shade of pink because the color will run into the batter.
Other fruits that are in season can be easily substituted into this recipe. Blueberries and rhubarb are two of my favorites, but please give the fruit of your heart a try! Or combine fruit flavors like strawberry banana or strawberry rhubarb. The sky’s the limit!
The best part about this recipe is that it freezes so well! You can slice it up and enjoy half, fresh out of the oven, then pop the remainder in the freezer to enjoy later. This cake is never dry because of the buttermilk along with the cream cheese, so perfect!
Some Quick Bread Tips for Success:
- Combine wet & dry just until mixed. Batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Do not overmix, this will cause a dense chewy bread.
- Use the correct sized pan or the cooking time will vary.
- Grease the bottom of the pan and only ½” up the sides for best results
- Ovens can vary. Test for doneness using a toothpick about 15 minutes before the recipe says it should be done.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries chopped
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and cream cheese.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Slowly add in eggs one at a time, beating well.
- Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate medium sized mixing bowl, blend together flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder.
- Slowly mix together flour mixture and cream cheese mixture, just until combined.
- Add in buttermilk and stir just until combined.
- Carefully fold in strawberries.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from pan and slicing.
We hold onto some recipes because they are easy, we keep some because they are tasty. Some remind us of our mother’s cooking, some remind us of a great dish we had in a restaurant with friends. This recipe is all of these memories wrapped into one. Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread is comfort food at its best. Keep some in your freezer or better yet, pop over to your neighbor’s house for coffee and bring it along to share! It will make their day!
More Recipes You’ll Love
recipe inspired by Living Beyond Measure