Pin it to your BREAD BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLessMeals on Pinterest for more great meal ideas!
What Is Zucchini Bread?
Zucchini Bread is a quick bread that adds grated zucchini to the list of ingredients. Zucchini mimics and compliments the other flavors in the recipe so you really cannot tell it’s even there! Plus it keeps the loaf so incredibly moist.
It really is the perfect way to hide this healthy vegetable into a popular treat!
How to Make Zucchini Bread
- Grate zucchini and set aside. (If using frozen grated zucchini, drain and squeeze out any excess liquid)
- Combine all dry ingredients. Cream together eggs, butter, and sugar.
- Add the dry mixture and all remaining ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Stir just to combine (don’t over mix) and bake! So easy!
Storing Zucchini Bread
After the bread has cooled store it in an airtight container, wrapped in plastic wrap, or placed in a zippered bag.
Stored this way you will be able to leave zucchini bread on your counter for 1-2 days, or in the fridge for about a week.
Can you freeze zucchini bread? Yes! It will last in your freezer for 3-4 months. That is of course if it doesn’t get devoured before then!
To peel or not to peel? It will not affect the taste or texture, but if you want to hide the fact that there is zucchini in your loaf, then I would suggest peeling it.
How to grate zucchini for bread? Using the largest sized grater, just go to work on it! Your grated zucchini may be watery, so simply squeeze it out using a strainer or paper towel before adding to your recipe. You don’t want it to be too dry, but not sopping wet either!
Prep your pan! It’s a good idea to line your loaf pan with parchment paper. This makes removal of the loaf super easy once it cools!
Double it up! When all the baking mess is out, I like to double this easy zucchini bread recipe. Enjoy one fresh from the oven and pop the other into the freezer to enjoy later! Perfect for unexpected company, or to take along to a potluck or meeting!
Other fantastic recipes to try!
- Apple Banana Bread – simple and delicious!
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes – adorable!
- Easy Apple Fritters – a decadent treat!
- Caramel Apple Poke Cake – the perfect flavor combination!
- Overnight Breakfast Blueberry Cake – perfect for holidays!
Best Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar and eggs till fluffy.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture. Add vanilla, grated zucchini and nuts. Stir till just combined.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.