© Centsless Meals
How to Make Cake Mix Banana Bread
Pin it to your BAKING BOARD to save it for later!
Be sure to follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest!
Cake Mix Banana Bread is not only quick and easy to make, it creates a fluffy delicious banana bread that is really hard to resist! This 4 ingredient banana bread recipe uses ingredients you likely already have on hand making it the perfect last minute snack.
If you’ve got some ripe bananas sitting on your counter (the spottier, the better), adding bananas to cake mix is one of the best ways to enjoy them! This recipe starts with a box of yellow cake mix as the base but really, any flavor of cake mix would be perfect! Spice cake, chocolate cake or even making it with white cake mix are other favorite versions!
You can use 3 to 4 bananas in this recipe, I usually add 3 but if I have an extra on the counter I just throw it in. If you use more bananas (of have large bananas), your bread may need a couple of extra minutes to bake through. Just keep an eye on it and as soon as a toothpick comes out clean, it’s ready.
One great thing about this recipe is that you can customize it by adding your favorite add-ins. We love to add in chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips if we have them on hand or even chopped walnuts or pecans. When adding nuts or chocolate chips, they can often sink to the bottom of your bread or cakes. A quick fix for this is to toss them with a spoonful of flour before adding them to the batter, this will keep them evenly distributed throughout.
Cake Mix Banana Bread
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 1 box yellow cake mix (dry mix only)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chopped nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 8"x4" loaf pans.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add in eggs and stir until well combined.
- Add cake mix and stir. (Just the mix, not the eggs, oil, or water that the box calls for.)
- Add chocolate chips or nuts if using. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
More Recipes You’ll Love