Texas Roadhouse Green Beans are so delicious I just had to figure out how to make them at home. Bacon is one of the key ingredients. The full flavors are rounded out with chicken broth, garlic, and seasonings.
When it comes to green beans I love this classic green bean casserole but with the addition of bacon, this easy copycat recipe is quickly becoming a favorite. I love to serve it alongside oven-baked pork chops and a side of smashed potatoes for a hearty meal!
Texas Roadhouse Green Beans
Pin it to your SIDE DISH BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow CentsLess Meals on Pinterest for more great recipes!
What’s in Texas Roadhouse Green Beans?
This hearty side dish is packed with savory flavors that pair well with meat. Feel free to modify at will but try for substitutes that will deliver the same smoky, salty character as the original. Here are some of my favorites to consider:
- Beans or Greens – Canned green beans make the most authentic tasting Texas Roadhouse green beans. Alternately, you could use frozen or fresh green beans. Chopped collards or kale are also options that meld well with the rest of the ingredients in my recipe.
- Smoked Meat – Bacon is the best choice for a green bean recipe like Texas Roadhouse’s. You can also use diced ham, or a ham hock boiled in the broth to infuse it with smokiness. Diced smoked turkey is another alternative.
- Broth – My recipe calls for chicken broth, but feel free to use beef or even lamb broth for richer meat flavor.
- Seasonings – For a pop of extra heat, you could add a pinch of cayenne or a tablespoon of Sriracha or Texas Pete hot sauce. Garlic powder can substitute for fresh if need be. 1/8 teaspoon of garlic is equivalent to 1 medium clove of fresh garlic.
How to Make Texas Roadhouse Green Beans
Making Texas Roadhouse green beans is as easy as 1, 2, 3! Especially when you follow these simple steps.
- Fry and crumble bacon.
- Combine green beans with all other ingredients in a pot.
- Simmer until tender, drain and serve hot.
What to Serve with It
This is a dish just begging to be part of a hearty meat and potatoes dinner. Serve with ribs, steak, or Salisbury steak. Other sides that would pair well include garlic mashed potatoes or sweet potato fries, and cheese biscuits or pull-apart bread.
- Leftovers will keep for four days in the fridge or in the freezer for up to four months.
- Reheat in the microwave or in a foil-covered pan in the oven.
I think you’ll agree that my Texas Roadhouse green bean recipe tastes just as yummy as the signature side dish from the famous steakhouse. Nobody will refuse to eat their veggies when you serve my tasty copycat version!
Irresistible Bacon Filled Side Dishes
Fried Cabbage with Bacon – quick, easy & so filling
Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts – sweet & salty deliciousness!
Cheesy Ranch Potatoes with Bacon – just 4 simple ingredients
Garlic Bacon Cheddar Loaf – cheesy and delicious
Bacon Cheddar Pasta Salad – ready in under 20 mins!
Texas Roadhouse Green Beans Copycat recipe
- 6 slices bacon cut into little pieces
- 2 16 ounce cans green beans drained
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp sugar
- pepper to taste
- Place bacon in a large skillet on med-high heat.
- Once bacon is cooked, remove from pan and drain.
- In a medium saucepan combine green beans, bacon, chicken broth, butter, onion, garlic, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil then lower heat to medium.
- Cover saucepan and let simmer about 15 minutes, or until green beans are tender.
- Drain excess juices and serve.