Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks are a family and crowd favorite all year long!
Now you can cook chicken drumsticks in the air fryer with this super easy fried chicken recipe. These drummies come out tender, juicy, and crispy every time. Cook up a batch or two for dinner or the big game and be the MVP!
Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
PIN IT your DINNER BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow TheShortcutKitchen on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Easy Drumstick Recipe
We love cooking drumsticks in the air fryer. No-fuss, no muss and they save so much time when you’re busy preparing other goodies. And the best part? No dishes to wash! Everything gets mixed in a zippered bag, then just shake and air bake. Fresh or frozen drumsticks are tossed with oil, onion and garlic powder, Italian seasonings, and a dash of salt and pepper, and then they are fried to crispy perfection. But you can also try any of your favorite seasoning blends; we like garlic and lemon pepper, or ready-made ranch or taco seasoning, we make it easy!
How to Bake Chicken Drumsticks
Air fryer chicken drumsticks can be air fried or baked! We’ll show you how to make chicken drumsticks both ways.
For the air fryer:
- Place chicken drumsticks in a large (gallon-sized) zippered bag.
- Add remaining ingredients and close the bag without removing the excess air. Shake the bag until all of the drumsticks are coated.
- Spray pan release in the basket of the air fryer or use a liner. Place seasoned drumsticks in the air fryer basket and cook, turning once. If using frozen drumsticks, add 10 minutes to the cook time.
- Once cooked, brush with BBQ, Buffalo, or spicy Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. And some Ranch dressing for dipping!
In the Oven:
- Season, as with air fryer instructions above, then:
- Bake seasoned drumsticks in an oven preheated to 425° F for about 40 minutes, turning after 30 minutes.
PRO TIP: For extra crunchy drumsticks, once seasoned, roll them in Panko breadcrumbs. Press the breaded crumbs into the meat before cooking to make sure they are fully coated.
What to Serve with Chicken Drumsticks
Here are our fave suggestions for appetizers, sides, a dessert, and a pitcher of drinks to get the party started!
Ready for picnics and potlucks, try avocado deviled eggs along with some sweet potato fries and a creamy potato salad. For dessert have a pineapple upside down cake and don’t forget to serve a delicious pitcher of spiked blue raspberry lemonade!
Recipe Tips and Tricks
- Pat drumsticks dry with a paper towel so the oil and seasons will adhere well during the air frying process.
- Keep pieces evenly spaced apart so the heat can move around them.
- Store leftover drumsticks in a sealed container in the refrigerator and they will keep about 3 days. Reheat in the microwave, a toaster oven, or under the broiler.
Other Air Fryer Recipes!
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs – kid approved dinner!
- Frozen Fries in the Air Fryer – fast and easy!
- Air Fryer Home Fries – breakfast or dinner idea!
- How to Reheat Fried Chicken in the Air Fryer – perfect for leftovers!
Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400˚F.
- Add the chicken drumsticks to a sealable plastic bag. Add the olive oil and seasonings to the plastic bag and seal without removing any excess air.
- Toss the drumsticks in the bag to coat evenly with olive oil and seasonings.
- Prepare the basket of the Air fryer with a liner or olive oil spray. Add the chicken drumsticks in a single layer, careful to not overlap. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn the drumsticks in the basket and cook for an additional 10 minutes, for a total of 20 minutes cook time. Serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
©The Shortcut Kitchen. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.